H11DSi-NT RMA again!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Stevecam

Oct 1, 2020
Two RMA's for this board
I have been advised by Spuermicro to RMA this board again after receiving it and testing it for about 30 minutes
Tried swapping the CPU, used different RAM, did a multithreaded test and IPMI is stuck thinking that there is hardware when there isn't (again)

Haven't even put it back in its case, these things aren't cheap either
Clearing the CMOS doesn't help either

Are these just low quality boards? Anyone else have trouble with these?

Set Iron

Mar 18, 2020
I've had THREE H11DSU-IN (the server shaped version) randomly reboot under heavy i/o+cpu load.
That's not something you would ever expect of a board made for such purposes, but when you take a closer look at the vrm and general componentry...

So I'm gonna say yes, they are just low quality boards. I find it insane how consumer boards are now twice as overengineered as server ones.

Stevecam

Oct 1, 2020
Sounds like it could be a fried VRM module..... but isn't this thing packed with sensors
I know that making good use of a board like this can be a bit of a dive in to the deep end but whenever I have a look in the IPMI I see "Not present"