Gigabyte (DATTO) MB10-DATTO-DS7

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Ubermik

Feb 1, 2022
I was hoping somebody might be able to help with this, I have a DATTO NAS which I bought second hand a while ago and wanted to move it from next to the TV where its been a file server and streaming box to another room, so it would make sense to use the IPMI

But when I tried to log into the BMC the default password doesnt work and if I try to reset the BMC with the supermicro IPMICFG dos utility I just get the error

"BMC interface not in idle or error state"

And

"Not TwinPro"

So I figured that there might be bespoke differences in ADSPEED2400 implementations

So now I am completely stumped lol

Has anyone had one of these motherboards with an unknown IMPI password and managed to reset it to defaults? If so what did you use?

I have the newest adspeed bios and firmware updates, but as the supermicro utility didnt seem to want to work with it I am wary of manufacturers having "quirks" in their implementation and a generic update bricking it completely as I am a complete novice with IPMI enabled systems

So any help with what I might need to do, or what utilities I will need would be appreciated immensely as Gigabyte dont even list the version of the motherboard I have which "appears" to be called an MB10-DATTO-DS7 which has a xeon 1521 onboard with a dedicated IPMI lan port and 2x 10gb ethernet ports

Corbin1747

Apr 25, 2022
So I happen to have one of those as well.
To reset the bios password and all that you'll need to switch the jumper on the board itself so that it goes back to factory reset for everything. it's a bit of a pain in the ass but you might need to take it a bit apart. Should be on the top right hand side.
Capture.JPG
Once you do that there should be a generic password.
I also upgraded the bios firmware and BMC from the Gigabyte website.
da.JPG

Ubermik

Feb 1, 2022
So I happen to have one of those as well.
To reset the bios password and all that you'll need to switch the jumper on the board itself so that it goes back to factory reset for everything. it's a bit of a pain in the ass but you might need to take it a bit apart. Should be on the top right hand side.
View attachment 22656
Once you do that there should be a generic password.
I also upgraded the bios firmware and BMC from the Gigabyte website.
View attachment 22655

Ahh, I forgot to come back and update this, sorry

Thank you for taking the time to reply though, hopefully it will help others with the same problem

With me it was a lack of knowledge, I had been following the instructions using the admin command prompt, but it turns out that in windows 10 it doesnt work, when I used the admin powershell it let me reset the password without a hitch using the exact same instructions.

I had been avoiding doing any firmware updates as I bought the two DATTO boxes second hand, so I would be out of pocket is they bricked during the update. Luckily the BIOS is the latest version, not sure about the BMC and other firmware in these, but theyre both working fine now

Still no idea what the point of having 2 10gb ethernet ports on such a low powered CPU with only 4 drive bays is though, seems a bit like putting formula 1 racing tyres on a Volkswagon Beetle really as I doubt you would get anywhere near saturating it even with 4 sata SSDs once the cache empties and my model doesnt even have an M2 NVME slot on the motherboard

But the IPMI was the reason I bought them, the 10gb ethernet just bumped the price up when 2.5GBE might have been a better fit

Mike

Reactions: Corbin1747