FS/FT - Sold Out

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Regarding your X9DR7-LN4F IPMI issue, you may want to see if it has a hardware MAC address, I had a similar issue with one of the X9 boards, being that IPMI wasn't responding/working, specifically an X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD, and it turned out that at one point when I updated the BMC/IPMI firmware it lost the mac address. There's a stackexchange post somewhere out there that shows the command with ipmitools/ipmiconfig to assign a MAC address.

Refer to this: IPMI MAC address all zeros after update

I think now that I'm looking at that thread, that I tried what the OP already did, that is, using ipmicfg, and ipmitool was the only thing that worked.

Reactions: Craash

Craash

Apr 7, 2017
Regarding your X9DR7-LN4F IPMI issue, you may want to see if it has a hardware MAC address, I had a similar issue with one of the X9 boards, being that IPMI wasn't responding/working, specifically an X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD, and it turned out that at one point when I updated the BMC/IPMI firmware it lost the mac address. There's a stackexchange post somewhere out there that shows the command with ipmitools/ipmiconfig to assign a MAC address.
I tried using ipmiconfig to do a hard reset and it responded with "no hardware found" or some error like that. Between that and the "not working" message in BIOS, it sounded like an RMA to me.

It does show a link light though, so the physical layer seems ok at least.

I'll see if I can find the post you are referring too.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I tried using ipmiconfig to do a hard reset and it responded with "no hardware found" or some error like that. Between that and the "not working" message in BIOS, it sounded like an RMA to me.

It does show a link light though, so the physical layer seems ok at least.

I'll see if I can find the post you are referring too.
I just edited/updated my post with the link, the tool that worked for me to do it was ipmitool, ipmicfg I think was finnicky at best, some commands were working and I was able to do all the resets I wanted but nothing was the 'fix'. I may have remembered getting a no hardware found message but not sure. I'm assuming you've checked the jumpers and stuff right? I believe there's a jumper that literally turns off the BMC.

TLN

Feb 26, 2016
Hi, title says R9 290x and topic says R9 290. Do you still have one, and which one do you have?