FS.com SFP+ Transceiver and Brocade ICX6450 Switch Question

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

XplodingData

Jan 25, 2020
Tried searching but either no one has asked or I'm unable to find the right combo of keywords.

I have a Brocade ICX6450 Switch, and I had a couple SFP+ 10Gbe Fiber transceivers already so I popped them in ("Mellanox" version), but they won't report the optical strength numbers. I know Brocade's branded units will apparently enable that feature, but I am curious if anyone has tried the FS.com "Brocade" versions and had success? I know I don't neeeeeed that feature, but if I'm gong to order some cables anyway, I might as well get one that works and then keep my current one as a spare..

This is the unit I've got:

and I'd just order the "Brocade" version of it...

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
You need transceiver with dom/ddm for that. They cost a little bit more I think.

XplodingData

Jan 25, 2020
Just get brocade authenticate ones, they are about $9 a piece from ebay.
Any chance you have a link for me? I tried searching but didn't find much that was that inexpensive...

EDIT: I should clarify I'm in Canada, and normally I'd ship to a USA address that's close to the border and pick up, but the borders are still closed to non essential travel so I can't find a $10 transceiver that ships for anything reasonable. The listings I just found all want $30-$50 to ship one... which is ridiculous. So I'll back burner the idea unless someone sees a listing in canada so I'm not paying 5X the cost just for shipping. Thanks.

Last edited:

vangoose

May 21, 2019
Canada
Any chance you have a link for me? I tried searching but didn't find much that was that inexpensive...

EDIT: I should clarify I'm in Canada, and normally I'd ship to a USA address that's close to the border and pick up, but the borders are still closed to non essential travel so I can't find a $10 transceiver that ships for anything reasonable. The listings I just found all want $30-$50 to ship one... which is ridiculous. So I'll back burner the idea unless someone sees a listing in canada so I'm not paying 5X the cost just for shipping. Thanks.
I'm in Canada too.

From Amazon.ca

Just search
57-0000075-01

XplodingData

Jan 25, 2020
Thanks! I was sure I'd checked Amazon already but guess not. Still a bit pricey compared to the US, but way better for right now.

vangoose

May 21, 2019
Canada
Thanks! I was sure I'd checked Amazon already but guess not. Still a bit pricey compared to the US, but way better for right now.
I had 10 for CA$140 shipped a while back, not good time to buy gears now.

I also have a 6450-24 non-poe version sitting here, replaced with 7250.