Front page features rotating too fast.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
Hi Patrick,

I rarely come in the front door via ServeTheHome.com as I tend to come directly via the tradesmans entrance (no, not a euphemism :eek: but via forums.serverthehome.com directly). I did, however, go via the main site today and noticed the feature section was rotating through the articles every 1->2 seconds.

I would suggest changing it to something like 5 seconds minimum as with 2 seconds it is difficult to focus and start to read before it flicks to the next one.

There is, of course, the chance it is IE9 that is exhibiting this and the features may be nice and slow for others but thought I would just mention it.

RB

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. Was set to two seconds. I think when I see it, I know what all of the articles are so I tend not to read. Changed to 5s.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
All of the ones in the feature should be below the spotlight in latest posts. Also have archives for articles by date and the like bar by category just under the logo.