[eBay] - Supermicro A2SDi-4C-HLN4F - $100 (offer accepted)

Quartermaster

Right, now pay attention 007!
Jun 3, 2020
eBay link: Supermicro A2SDi-4C-HLN4F Server Motherboard - 2x 4GB DDR4 Intel Atom Processor 672042268450 | eBay
Supermicro link: A2SDi-4C-HLN4F | Motherboards | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.

Atom C3558 (Passmark), up to 8 SATA ports, PCIe 3.0 x4 slot, and PCIe 3.0 x2 M.2 slot. A good low power board with IPMI, great for a NAS or storage/backup server running ZFS.

I had this in my saved items, received an offer for $179, countered with $129 and it was accepted. Later saw the seller had more, so made another offer of $200 for 2 ($100/ea) and this was accepted.

8 more available at the time of this post.

[edit - eBay link added]

Last edited:
Reactions: Markess and Samir

Tcalp

Oct 15, 2020
Decent , and tempting :p

I picked up a Asus P8H61-I LX R2.0 Motherboard with G1630 CPU last week for $63 USD (pending receipt still from China) to replace the mainboard in an Acer H430 NAS I have. Had I not done that, I'd likely be picking this up.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
wow and even included 2x4GB memory sticks :) That is cheap if you can get it for $129.

Too bad shipping+taxes will eat all that up if I ordered from europe.

Reactions: Samir

Quartermaster

Jun 3, 2020
Decent , and tempting :p
Indeed! I had to exercise some self restraint in only grabbing 3 and not clearing them out.

wow and even included 2x4GB memory sticks :) That is cheap if you can get it for $129.

Too bad shipping+taxes will eat all that up if I ordered from europe.
I didn’t notice the RAM! Score!

I use shipito.com and import stuff in bulk, ordering odds and ends over 1-2 months then using Shipito’s package consolidation to make the shipment as small as possible - also sending it via their slowest (cheapest) method when I’m not so concerned with a bit of a wait.

These are $300+ new here so it still works out a lot cheaper.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
I use shipito.com and import stuff in bulk, ordering odds and ends over 1-2 months then using Shipito’s package consolidation to make the shipment as small as possible - also sending it via their slowest (cheapest) method when I’m not so concerned with a bit of a wait.
So what happens when they lose one of your packages in their warehouse?

I can see from their site that you have to fill out customs forms for all the items that you want them to ship out - which is fair, but will shipping company charge you VAT+TAX? or do you have to pay that when you receive it?

Quartermaster

Jun 3, 2020
So what happens when they lose one of your packages in their warehouse?

I can see from their site that you have to fill out customs forms for all the items that you want them to ship out - which is fair, but will shipping company charge you VAT+TAX? or do you have to pay that when you receive it?
Fingers crossed that doesn’t happen :)

DHL and UPS do the clearance paperwork and send you an invoice around time of delivery for the value you self-declare before shipment on the Shipito website. If something looks weird they may ask for a proof of purchase for the offending item before releasing the package to you.

With regular post, I receive an invoice electronically from Swiss Post when it hits customs, and pay online before delivery.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Seems like these are going to get soldout very quickly, there are 11 offers in pending state created within a timespan of little over one hour.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
Seems like these are going to get soldout very quickly, there are 11 offers in pending state created within a timespan of little over one hour.
Well - no wonder - its a nice little motherboard - awesome for a firewall/low power NAS and with 8GB RAM included you are set for a firewall for sure.

Tcalp

Oct 15, 2020
I doubt they will sell them all off at $100, but you never know. That said, they look to have enough large quantity offers to sell to 2-3 people in all for the remainder of the inventory (that's what I would do).

Markess

May 19, 2018
Nice board, keep in mind the PCIe 4x slot is shared with 4 of the SATA ports.. so either you can have:

8 SATA + no pcie
6 SATA + 2x pcie
4 SATA + 4x pcie

For $100 that is a deal.
Thanks for sharing this info . I'd been thinking about one of these for a low power NAS and didn't know the PCIe was shared. I'd have to rethink the vague plan in my head, but it still seems like a solid choice for a low power system. I'm sure I'm too late for this deal though... although I did put in an offer just in case :)

techtoys

Feb 25, 2016
just bought a G4600 SM board and case from them for an NVR build. I saw this deal and was looking for an excuse to buy these boards. Looks like a great firewall but I have that covered with a cheap HP T730. Bidding it up just protected my wallet.