e810-CQDA2 woes.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NaCl

Dec 15, 2018
Indeed I found this out as well today, and unfortunately the Intel provided ice-1.13.7 doesn't compile with kernel 6.8.6, so I actually needed to to back to an older kernel, 6.6.13 I had still around, that worked.
Apologies, I had meant to address/confirm this as well. After installing Intel's driver package, lastest all OS v29.0.1, epct ended up providing proper output. Seems an oversight that the bootutil will actively punt w/an error about not having the special driver installed but epct not even silently falls down, but provides plausible but ultimately red herring output.

NaCl

Dec 15, 2018
On another note, I have been able, w/some assistance/pressure from ebay to get the seller to take the cards back and issue a refund. I would have been happy to have received actual Intel cards per the listing but I guess if the seller had those in the first place this wouldn't have been an issue.

I borrowed a card from a friend that had fw less than 3.0 (2.75 maybe), genuine intel, experienced the same issue on the gigabyte board w/the transceiver/reset bit. I updated the fw on the same platform, to v4.40, and it behaves like a normal card; across resets/reboots even.

So I guess I'll either pick up some actual verified Intel e810s or a connect-x 6 dx. I saw another poster (different thread here) claiming those are superior to the e810s in every way outside of the breakout functionality.

Thanks to everyone for the info/advice/"ride"!