DQ77MK bios password

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
Have a DQ77MK that I got and have had sitting for nearly a year now. Had not yet used it till today. Stripped out a neighbors system, shoved it in there and powered it up and got this.

I followed Intel's guide here:
Desktop Boards —
Clearing BIOS Passwords

It appeared to work and let me go into a menu and tell it to clear the password.
Turned it off, moved the jumper back and... The message is still there blocking me.

Figured I forgot to save apply settings or something... turned it off, moved the jumper back and started it back up. Now, before I sat for a good few minutes googling because even after moving the jumper the different configuration menu didn't come up, the password menu came up. But hitting enter allowed me go continue through it.

Now, I cannot continue through it by pressing enter. It is ignoring the jumper. It is also ignoring the open chassis jumper. I have reset the cmos by the proper jumper as well as removing the battery.

Thoughts?

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011

Used recovery mode to flash to the latest bios. And hopefully get rid of the damned password.

NOPE.

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
How long was the battery pull? In some cases it may help to set clear CMOS, pull battery and all power sources, let it sit for 30-60min for all electronics to discharge and I've had experiences where that made a difference

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
How long was the battery pull? In some cases it may help to set clear CMOS, pull battery and all power sources, let it sit for 30-60min for all electronics to discharge and I've had experiences where that made a difference
One of Intels reset methods was to pull cmos and short terminals for 10 seconds to drain the electronics... I did it for 30s.

I also cleared, pulled battery and power cable and let it sit overnight. Board is borked sayeth intel, they gave me rma terms.