dl585g7, 192gb, 4*6282 64 cores, auction

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

OzB

Jul 31, 2013
HP Proliant DL585 G7 Server 884962397947 | eBay

I am sorely tempted to get this for myself, but my wife would kill me, I need to get rid of a few things before doing any more buying...

Just the memory is probably worth around $1200, and the CPUs possibly another $1200, so this is looking like a killer deal so far, and such high-end server auctions often end up selling for less than they're worth, especially with such bare titles that don't mention the specs.
Since it's a G7, it's also worth asking if there's a warranty left.
The listing says 'local pick up only' (Bay Area), but he seemed receptive to shipping it for the right price, perhaps with a healthy handling/packing fee in addition to shipping and insurance, and assuming you contact him before bidding.
This used to be (is?) dba's "favorite server of all time", so hopefully someone can put it to good use.

Sorry if it seems like I'm over-selling this/shilling for the seller. I'm just really jealous of whoever gets it eventually, so I figure it might as well be someone here.

Last edited by a moderator: