Dell C6220 Gen 1 - BIOS Flash Failed, Need Help With Recovery

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zimmy6996

Jul 12, 2023
Hey all, I was trying to flash my 4 node chassis with BIOS firmware to update from 2.5.3 to 2.5.7. One of my nodes ran the update, and hung. It appears like it did the full flash, the fans spun up quicker, but it just hung there on the screen flashing. I let it sit for 15 minutes, and finally powered it off. Now when I power the node on, I do get a POST for RAM Config, saying it's okay, the screen goes blank, and then comes back up to the RAM check, okay. It never actually gets to the post.

I have tried clearing NVRAM, and that hasn't helped. It still hangs the same way.

There is clearly a BIOSRECOVERY jumped on the board, which is separate from NVRAM clear which kills the BIOS password. I've been searching google to see if there is anything I can find, but I have not been able to find anything so far ...

I have tried adding a jumper to the BIOSRECOVERY jumper point, but it makes no difference. I assume there is a procedure that needs to be followed to get this to work?

Any help would be greatly apprecaited!