Decoder rings pages

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
It would be neat to have a dedicated collection of decoder rings somewhere prominently displayed since I can never find them. In know the SuperMicro one is popular, as is the Mellanox one. Probably the LSI card conversions could go there?

Reactions: Aestr and Patrick

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I like this idea a lot. Where are you thinking? Maybe an index page for easy addition/ finding?

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Good idea. When I clicked on this thread I was really hoping for physical StH decoder rings though...

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
I think an index page or a tab off the top with dropdowns if not too many. There aren't that many initially. People can nominate for new decoder pages to be put up.

Here are quick ones:
Mellanox : https://forums.servethehome.com/ind...switch-want-to-buy-need-info.5128/#post-44223
Supermicro: Supermicro Motherboard SKU Decoder
LSI crossflash thread (should be condensed)

I used the Samsung memory decoder to figure out what the differences were in my DDR4 chips. This page isn't updated to DDR4s but same concept
Memory Module Code Information | Samsung Semiconductor Global Website

HDD model lookup? May we should focus on the hard-to-find info, the HDDs are relatively easy.

Probably other useful ones as well.

Reactions: Jeggs101

Entz

Apr 25, 2013
Canada Eh?
This would be a very nice thing to have, especially Mellanox. Samsung RAM thing is great, would be nice to have for Hynix. Often see just part numbers on Ebay with no real idea if the specs they list are wrong or what.

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
Hynix decoders: SK hynix

Some of these are in PDFs, could be cool to build a decoder tool instead. But meh, at least a place to know where they are, especially the odd ones. I know what you mean about part numbers, that's why I tracked the Samsung one.

Reactions: Entz