EU DDR4 SPA 64G RDIMM 4pcs 49€/ea

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
I'm selling LRDIMM 64gb 2400MHz for 45€ each stick, so... I cannot see where is the deal.

Reactions: Samir

bvd

Jan 2, 2021
I've seen 64GB 2400 LRDIMM on eBay in US for ~$50/ea.
For EU though, thats pretty dang decent still IMO - friends over in the UK and (especially) Germany have complained to no end about how terrible the used enterprise market is there compared to ours, I can imagine this being a better than fair deal for them at least...

Here's to hoping the bottom continues to fall out on memory though, I'm drooling at the idea of having ~1TB of ram in a server thats not running ddr3 lololol

• Haha
Reactions: Samir and zac1

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
friends over in the UK and (especially) Germany have complained to no end about how terrible the used enterprise market is there compared to ours
The simple explanation is that they are looking for brands/models that are common in US but not in Europe.

Fairly standard since most guides and majority of community is US based.

Reactions: Samir and gb00s

rtech

Jun 2, 2021
The simple explanation is that they are looking for brands/models that are common in US but not in Europe.

Fairly standard since most guides and majority of community is US based.
Does not apply to ram or ssds

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Does not apply to ram or ssds
Yeah you are right, ram tends to be cheaper in Europe while drives are mostly shipped to US/Asia for refurb and sold out of those regions.
There really is a lack of loose storage in European market since they cant sell it with as short (or no) warranties, so many will simply not sell it to consumers.
(It is somewhat nice with those that do list storage tho, since they tend to follow US pricing for their spinners and automaticly 20-25% cheaper since they included VAT)

But you also really need to be more aware of VAT for it.
Thats my main pet peeve with ebay, that they dont filter that and handle it better.

You kinda need to know that commercial listing from lets say UK at 100 is really 83 when you buy it from outside UK.
Haaaate how sort by cheapest is not cheapest when European listings with VAT get mixed in.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Your last paragraphs are only applicable to to non-EU states.
You still get the same for EU vs non-EU from inside the EU.
One will be included VAT and other will need VAT+import ontop of its price (or just VAT diffrence+import if commercial with VAT).

So the sort by cheapest is still wrong for actual price.

Last edited: