D-link iSCSI san, 16 bay: $149/$199 on Ebay

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
I'm not sure it matters much. It's going to be gig-e constrained anyhow. 3TB 6G sas drives (I believe this supports 6G sas as well) I just purchased yesterday for $35.53 after 6% ebay bucks & 10% discount for 4+.

If anyone has an experience with these, do they actually work well? I'm partial to the the cheaper one & picking up 3 and then spanning zdevs across them for freenas. I've been looking for 12 bay 3.5" das boxes (D2600/MSA60 have worked well for me) for $200 but these seem to have disappeared.

warlord1312

Sep 17, 2015
I had the 4100 before and it was very loud. I never ended up using it. I didn't even end up testing it with drives as I would imagine it would be even louder. If this is for a home lab I would look for something else. My comments are also after the firmware updates that quieted it down a little bit but it was still the loudest piece of equipment in the rack surpassing everything else in total.

fossxplorer

Mar 17, 2016
Oslo, Norway
Based on your username , i assume you are us-based, but i have HP StorageWorks D2600 for sale in Europe :)

I'm not sure it matters much. It's going to be gig-e constrained anyhow. 3TB 6G sas drives (I believe this supports 6G sas as well) I just purchased yesterday for $35.53 after 6% ebay bucks & 10% discount for 4+.

If anyone has an experience with these, do they actually work well? I'm partial to the the cheaper one & picking up 3 and then spanning zdevs across them for freenas. I've been looking for 12 bay 3.5" das boxes (D2600/MSA60 have worked well for me) for $200 but these seem to have disappeared.