CRS326-24S+2Q+RM Transceivers

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jlficken

Apr 3, 2019
It’s looks like Mikrotik has discontinued all of the 40Gb parts that this switch uses.
Can I use Arista QSFP+ SR4 transceivers in it instead?

jlficken

Apr 3, 2019
I use this switch with this transceiver from Finisar
Works fine.
Thanks!!

Would this cable work? I’m still confused on the compatibility of MTP-8 and MPT-12. It’s supposedly a Type B from what I can find.

MOLEX QSFP MPO/MTP Female 8F Fiber Optic Trunk Patch Cable, Multimode OM3 Aqua | eBay

prdtabim

Jan 29, 2022
Thanks!!

Would this cable work? I’m still confused on the compatibility of MTP-8 and MPT-12. It’s supposedly a Type B from what I can find.

MOLEX QSFP MPO/MTP Female 8F Fiber Optic Trunk Patch Cable, Multimode OM3 Aqua | eBay
No.
The old hardware uses 12 fibers cable. Some new ones uses 8 fibers.
I'm looking for QSFP transceivers that use OM3/OM4 LC duplex.

You can use type B ( cross cable ) OM3 or OM4, 12 fibers MPO cable.
I use this cable.

jlficken

Apr 3, 2019
No.
The old hardware uses 12 fibers cable. Some new ones uses 8 fibers.
I'm looking for QSFP transceivers that use OM3/OM4 LC duplex.

You can use type B ( cross cable ) OM3 or OM4, 12 fibers MPO cable.
I use this cable.
Thanks for the info!

Any chance you could help me track down a 10M, 12M, or 15M version? I’m not good at Ali Express searching it appears.

I didn’t realize just how different SFP+ was from QSFP+ when I started this project at home.

jlficken

Apr 3, 2019
The price is very good. Just ask ( to confirm ) with the seller if this cable is of type "B" female female.
Will do. The lead time is rather long but if they're the correct cables I'll give it a try. I've never bought anything off of their so that makes me a bit nervous.

jlficken

Apr 3, 2019
I heard back from the seller and they are Type B so I think I'm going to place an order using PayPal just in case something goes bad with the order.