Cisco Nexus 9396px v01

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

b-rex

Aug 14, 2020
I've got a 4-switch 3750e stackwise configuration and two Nexus 5010 that are powering my lab at the moment. I've also got CX3 40 GbE cards that are just being used at 10Gb in each box...and I'm consistently saturating my links due to the storage configuration I have. I knew this was going to be a problem but also thought 40GbE equipment would come down more than it has. Either way, I'm looking at picking up two N9K-9396px to replace the 3750s and the 5010s. They will put a decent hole in my pocket but feel like it might be worth it as long as I know what I'm getting myself into. I noticed significant price differences between V01 and V02 hardware...does anyone know if this is due to issues with V01?

Last edited:

b-rex

Aug 14, 2020
I've got a 4-switch 3750e stackwise configuration and two Nexus 5010 that are powering my lab at the moment. I've also got CX3 40 GbE cards that are just being used at 10Gb in each box...and I'm consistently saturating my links due to the storage configuration I have. I knew this was going to be a problem but also thought 40GbE equipment would come down more than it has. Either way, I'm looking at picking up two N9K-9396px to replace the 3750s and the 5010s. They will put a decent hole in my pocket but feel like it might be worth it as long as I know what I'm getting myself into. I noticed significant price differences between V01 and V02 hardware...does anyone know if this is due to issues with V01?
Update: Bought two 9396TX. I'll be able to replace my entire 4u network switch stack in each cabinet with 2u and lower power consumption. With selling the two 5010s, FEX's, and 4 3750s with IP Services and OneX, I should be able to recover what I spent. Hopefully. I'll be posting them on eBay shortly. If anyone wants to make me an offer, feel free to PM me.