USA Chelsio T6 100Gbe Ethernet NIC

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
This price difference comes out of VAT. If you go via eBay.de they already include 19% VAT for delivering to Germany.
I know, but if you go through eBay.de like me and choose a US address, you still are being charged US$ 154.70. That's what I meant. I understand I wasn't clear enough.

TarkanVeKurdu

Nov 20, 2023
I am looking for this card for my lab environment. Need a total of 4 items. And trays are not an issue. If you would like to sell please dm me.

But cards must exactly be : Chelsio PCI 110-1220-60 Dual Port 40/50/100gbe Adapter

EBRAddict

Jun 16, 2023
  • Keep in mind these have a max temp of 55C and need lots of airflow.
  • Windows drivers seem good to go; Only Linux distro driver they support is Red Hat Enterprise. Otherwise you'll need to compile your own but the make file seems to cover up through 6.1 kernel. I'm not a makefile guru and I couldn't get it functional on Ubuntu 23.10.
  • The inbox drivers on Ubuntu give you the basic functionality but not all the features.
  • They won't wake properly from sleep, not a big deal if your host runs 24/7 but something to be aware of.

Reactions: etorix

EBRAddict

Jun 16, 2023
I'd assume these generate significant heat, but do you think running them in a desktop could be doable with 3d printed bracket fans or well positioned fans alone?
I didn't push mine very hard and used a 80mm fan along with generous case airflow. Even then it was idling around 50C, not much headroom for cooling. I went back to a Mellanox CX6-LX because I wanted a card that could wake from sleep reliably.

Reactions: Digital Spaceport