Case Recommendations? Lots of 3.5 / 2.5 bays

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Apr 9, 2020
So I'm in quite a similar boat as the OP but with a slightly greater price range. I had originally bought a thermaltake core 9 thinking I was going to use M.2s and SSDs and would never need more than the 3x5.25 bays(it does have another 4x3.5 but they are TERRIBLE). I'm now wanting to use a SAS RAID array instead and finding myself extremely short on bays(but VERY long on empty space...)

I really like the horizontal configuration of the motherboard and all the fan/water block mount points, but that's about it. Because the internal 3.5 bays are so awful I ended up bolting an old drive cage to hold a few drives. It works in a pinch but I hate it.

To further complicate my search, my motherboard is an Asus Z10pe-D16-WS and quite enormous. Its not easy to find a tower it'll fit in that ALSO has a nice selection of 5.25 bays.

RichieLAX

Oct 13, 2020
Tallahassee, Florida
Ha I had that case and config just before I moved to the antec (but used SAS to SATA so the cables were tiny, I fit 4 evo 860s on the back, the arflow was a bit sporatic for platter drive cooling though, higher rpm drives might get too hot without good pressure fans. It is really tough to get extra drive cages from corsair, they restock about once a quarter.

Have you considered the ICY DOCK's MB830SP-B? You can easily access them without opening your case. We have it our system and it works well lol