Brocade ICX6610 48p serial repair

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

vesil400

Nov 13, 2022
I bought a ICX6610 from ebay that turned out to have a dead serial port. I could not find any serial repair info so did it myself, thought this should be available for people who run into the same issue. The serial driver chip is a 3232 chip on the underside of the motherboard near the two square multi pin connectors. The 3232 chip may be dead or any of the capacitors on either side of the circuitboard board near the chip. Measure the caps for short circuit and replace, and/or replace the 3232 chip. Other fix is a USB-TTL adapter straight to the channel one RX and TX pins of the 3232 and the switch will start talking through that. :)

vesil400

Nov 13, 2022
Some pictures of repair

First pic: USB-TTL adapter hanging out from under the motherboard 3232 chip
Second pic: Location of RX and TX going to TTL adapter. White=RX Grey=TX on TTL adapter pins. Ground pin goes anywhere on the frame.
Third pic: 3232 chip replaced with new one and TTL wires removed. Serial port working again.

Attachments