Bifurcation Splitter/Riser

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
cjeck i.e. Delocj 89030
but will not be cheaper. you want working ones right ? ;)

kromberg

Jan 18, 2021
cjeck i.e. Delocj 89030
but will not be cheaper. you want working ones right ? ;)
That would get me half way there. I would still need to go from (2) SFF-8654 to a 8x slot. I would assume standard 8654 cables would be used to connect the two parts.

kromberg

Jan 18, 2021
Ok, I pulled the trigger on a couple of these C Payne x8x8 splitters. Anyone have any experience with these? On the motherboard I have the slot configured as x8x8, I got PCIe power connected to the board, and two cards connected to it. I turn on the system where the CPU and memory initialization happens, but when the PCIe bus starts to be probed, the system reboots. The cards work perfectly when plugged into slots on the motherboard. If I have the splitter installed, but no cards attached it boots also. I sent an email to them, but I think it has gone to /dev/null....

kromberg

Jan 18, 2021
OK, I got things to work. Turns out I was setting the wrong IOU options on the wrong slot. The cards really dont like being assigned to two different lane splitting. I had one slot set as x4x4x4x4 for a NVME quad port card and another slot set as x8x8 for a pair of Fusion IO cards. I have the IOUs backwards for the cards and the Fusion IO cards dont like like having 2 x4 assigned to a single card.

One thing I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hate is Supermicro IOU BIOS labeling. It would be really nice is the labels in the BIOS matched the slot labels on the motherboard.