This is a NOR content.Thank you for all the tips @andvalb, highly appreciated. Been spending the better part of today on research about BDI 2000. Also been messaging people via e-mail, twitter, forums, and also forums I just registered for, about pp4 firmware and logic file. Found ppc version over on eevblog but that is for a different lineage of CPUs. Archive.org says former CEOs of Abatron AG in Switzerland are Max Vock and Rudolf Dummermuth. If desperate enough, might even try to call them up in their retirement and ask for help. Also already owning a sizeable collection of AMCC 460EX BDI configuration files.
Fortunately I have a dump from eetool which seems to be a serial EEPROM storing MAC addresses, serial numbers etc. so re-populating u-boot vars shall not be a problem. My view of the switch's complex is
Will be interesting to see what manufacture.sh has damaged. I think I have a backup of every crucial bit of data in those chips.
- 2 GB DDR2 ECC RAM
- 16 MB NOR flash (U-Boot etc.) a JS28F128 on the backside of the CPU daughterboard
- 1024 MB SLC NAND flash a Samsung K9WAG08U1D on topside CPU daughterboard
- 24C02 256 byte EEPROM holding 0x52 "Bootstrap Option H - Boot ROM Location I2C (Addr 0x52)" topside CPU daughterboard
- 24C32 4KB EEPROM holding 0x50 "fru_cpu.bin" topside CPU daughterboard
- 24C32 4KB EEPROM holding 0x51 "fru_backplate.bin" on motherboard U33 next to daughterboard connector
Creating 6 MTD partitions on "4ff000000.nor_flash":
0x00000000-0x001e0000 : "KERNEL_1"
0x001e0000-0x00200000 : "FDT_1"
0x00200000-0x003e0000 : "KERNEL_2"
0x003e0000-0x00400000 : "FDT_2"
0x00f80000-0x00fa0000 : "UBOOTENV"
0x00fa0000-0x01000000 : "UBOOT"
Creating 4 MTD partitions on "4e0000000.ndfc.nand":
0x00000000-0x20000000 : "ROOT_1"
0x20000000-0x40000000 : "ROOT_2"
0x40000000-0x46400000 : "CONFIG"
0x46400000-0x7c000000 : "VAR"
Will be sidetracked for the next two weeks, switch will soon live again I think. This kind of hardware build quality deserves it.
Rename extensions from zip to z01 ( mlx_sx6012_mtd_z01.zip must be named as mlx_sx6012_mtd.z01 and etc.)
866 KB Views: 8
1 MB Views: 7
1 MB Views: 7
1 MB Views: 8