Avago 9305-16e for $133 + ship in CDW Outlet

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I know these are around the same price on ebay, but the ebay ones are typically used or unknown quality imports. These are the real deal from a real deal distributor.

Order these by phone to get stock allocated to your order, or you will just miss out when your order is mysteriously cancelled and doesn't ship.

Two skus each with 68/69 units available as of this post:

Hope this helps the homelabbers out there. :)

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
The last time I tried to order from CDW (very reasonable/somewhat discounted price), I got a call trying to upswell me on RAM and drives, when I politely declined, and said I wanted them as-is (Cisco server blades with 384MB of RAM and Xeon gold chips- in a manufacturer-sealed “factory buy” (or something like that…)— the guy on the phone that called me laughed at me and said, “yeah, sure, whatever”, and hung up. Supposedly, they had them in stock when I placed the order. It felt like they were looking for a reason to cut the factory seals… which made no sense to me… until a few days later…

5 minutes later, I got a cancellation email.

A few days later, my credit card number was stolen (by parties unknown)… coincidence? I dunno… but what kept going thru my head was “yeah, sure, whatever” in a really odd accent.

I no longer consider CDW a “real” seller- the whole experience left A bad taste in my mouth. To be clear, I am sure they had nothing to do with my credit card issue, but for me- the whole experience made them a no-go vendor.

On the up side, I discovered Provantage— and THEY have given me awesome service, and some great deals out of their “open box” area.

rsprinkle

Nov 2, 2021
If its like the SAS9305-16i it gets hotter than blazes without good airflow. I actually attached a fan to mine.

nexox

May 3, 2023
If its like the SAS9305-16i it gets hotter than blazes without good airflow. I actually attached a fan to mine.
That's pretty standard for enterprise grade HBAs, RAID controllers, NICs, and SSDs, they all assume you have the airflow found in a typical 1U or 2U server chassis, other systems probably require extra fans and such.

SINN78

Apr 3, 2016
If anyone was looking for one, this seller accepted my offer of $100 for one (only 1 left), Dell LSI SAS9305-16e 16-Port 12Gbs SAS Controller / 00VYM4 - Low - VGC | eBay
Thanks for posting this seller accepted $100 for me as well for the full bracket version