Asrock Rack Epyc Rome/Milan and Threadripper Pro motherboards

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

autoturk

Sep 1, 2022
Wow that's a great price.
yeah I couldn't resist. if you're okay using one of those "buy now pay later" services (specifically Zip), then you can get an additional 10% off with coupon code ZIPFAN. They charge a $6 financing charge which you can't avoid. I just paid it off immediately.

Reactions: Fritz

FlorianZ

Dec 10, 2019
Do you happen to know what sort of activity this generates on your credit report (hard inquiry, listing new new line of credit, etc)? Also, does your credit report need to be unfrozen for this?

autoturk

Sep 1, 2022
Do you happen to know what sort of activity this generates on your credit report (hard inquiry, listing new new line of credit, etc)? Also, does your credit report need to be unfrozen for this?
my understanding with most BNPL services is that it's a soft credit check (for Zip this is definitely the case), and only report in the case of adverse action (ie. non-payment). But please don't rely on me and read the ToS :).

there was an interesting planet money episode on this actually: https://www.npr.org/2022/05/10/1097885472/buy-now-pay-dearly

Reactions: FlorianZ

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
I almost envy the US and their credit rating system, that almost gamification to your financial history.

autoturk

Sep 1, 2022
Prices on the ITX have dropped even further to $284 on provantage.

Last edited: