Anyone else run into Ebay failed searches?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SRussell

Oct 7, 2019
US
I have had a hell of a frustrating time not finding what I am looking for. But, other members here have found exactly what I am looking for on the same platform.

I am hoping it is not my Google Foo going to shit.

I restricted search to ECC only, Ebay shows Non ECC as the second result and it is NOT a sponsored link. Is this just an algorithm bug?

NZcat (2).jpg

Attachments

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
I think it's a simple filter that will include the text "ecc" in the seaches and something like "non ecc" contains "ecc" and that is what you are looking for ;)

Okay jokes aside; I would recommend to search for the module names like "PC4-25600R" for ddr4, 3200MHz, Registered memory or the standard name like "DDR4-3200". It is still not 100% accurate but better than something like "ecc".

SRussell

Oct 7, 2019
US
I think it's a simple filter that will include the text "ecc" in the seaches and something like "non ecc" contains "ecc" and that is what you are looking for ;)

Okay jokes aside; I would recommend to search for the module names like "PC4-25600R" for ddr4, 3200MHz, Registered memory or the standard name like "DDR4-3200". It is still not 100% accurate but better than something like "ecc".
Thanks for catching this. I changed my search for memory specs +ECC -‘non-ECC’ and my results are much more relevant. A couple ‘non ECC’ snuck in there but I will update the minus for that.
Thanks!

bwahaha

Jun 9, 2023
Search in general has become more and more shit. I'm all for algorithms helping normal people search for normal things, but it has become so heavy handed everywhere, niche (or niche adjacent) searches have become excessively difficult to suss through.

Gimme a good old fashioned boolean search, everyone,please .

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Search in general has become more and more shit. I'm all for algorithms helping normal people search for normal things, but it has become so heavy handed everywhere, niche (or niche adjacent) searches have become excessively difficult to suss through.

Gimme a good old fashioned boolean search, everyone,please .
Not just eBay, our equivalent of craigslist also has become complete garbage.