Adding more fan headers to Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB2 power board

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jbod_or_die

Jul 25, 2023
I recently acquired a Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB2 power board to power a JBOD but it arrived with only 2 fan headers with perhaps with spots for more (highlighted in picture).

How would I go about adding more fan headers? Do I just buy some off eBay and solder them on? Also why would they only come with 2 in the first place?

Thanks

Attachments

nexox

May 3, 2023
It's hard to tell for sure from that picture, but the RPM sense lines from the unpopulated headers seem to lead to a 16 pin chip that is also missing, so you wouldn't be able to monitor the fans. Edit: Either power or ground is not connected, there's an additional SMD component missing from each, I'm guessing they're fuses.

nexox

May 3, 2023
I think you'd need to solder in a fuse (or something like a bridge if you don't like over current protection) for each header, easy if you have some SMD soldering experience, maybe not so fun if you're like me and just solder through hole parts.