A new way of calculating profitability

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

leerees

Feb 15, 2018
Hi Guys,

I've noticed a number of services exist (miningpoolhub, awesomeminer, nicehash) that calculate profitability but they factor in the dollar value. So lets say monero price has gone to the moon, I'll be mining those coins, but if it goes back down I would have ended up with less money in the long run. Most miners don't sell their coins on a daily basis to take advantage of price bull runs because of the fee's.

I want to switch to the coin that has the lowest difficulty in order to obtain the maximum number of coins in the shortest space of time. The point which I actually sell will be assessed manually based on market conditions.

Has anybody came across anything like this before, if not what would be the formula to calculate it myself?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: ste.mo

Godfr33

Jan 20, 2018
It’s done daily on nicehash!! Haha Bid high to drive the drones in auto mode to coin A, pull high bid, pick up low bid on coin B. Mine at low bid. Rinse repeat. Nicehash is a type of exchange just like Binance or Bittrex.

They say they are in the process of fixing the “fix” but I still see it being done all the time.

leerees

Feb 15, 2018
I have to admit, that went over my head. Is this good news or bad news for miners? People moan about nicehash being for noobs but they seem to pay really well.

I'm wondering if I should even bother with direct coin mining and just point all my rigs to nicehash's stratum, considering how little profit is in the game now any amount of time spent researching individual coins seems like a bit of a waste of life.

Think of it like this, earn $1 a day per node for doing nothing or get $1.50 a day but spend an hour a day looking at coins. I only have 4 nodes, if I had 100 nodes obviously it would be worth the effort.

Last edited: