2x2670 Server

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
That thing is interesting but the build makes no sense. It's a 2 chassis manufactured with only 2 expansion slot cut outs. No doubt it could've had at least 7...

vl1969

Feb 5, 2014
Why would you nerd 7 slots? This is a storage unit. 12 disk. What else do you need to put in except for an extra network card?

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
So because it conforms to some random marketing label of being a "storage unit" it cant have the rest of the expansion slots cut out when clearly that whole area isn't used for anything else? Idk it just doesnt seem practical from any standpoint even to cut costs. You're just limiting yourself to what it can do. Also regarding your comment about storage. You would actually need 2 HBAs(if you cant source a cheap 12 or 16 port card and if the backplane isn't an expander)if you don't utilise onboard SATA. So..

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Gotta love this -

"For more thorough testing please purchase ” o_O

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Gotta love this -

"For more thorough testing please purchase ” o_O
You are cutting the quote a little short, in full it is: "For more thorough testing please purchase out SEWP Warranty Package which extends to 90 days"

vl1969

Feb 5, 2014
I am not saying it is a good design for modding or a home lab setup. I am saying it is designed and sold as a storage node. You want better design for your needs get a supermicro or Norco case. In fact they also Salling a supermicro for half the price. If you are in us, you can get a refurb supermicro server for like 400$ shipped.
A single purpose design never targets the modders community. In fact many oem have unconventional designed cases to keep you buying from them.

Reactions: Dajinn

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
You are cutting the quote a little short, in full it is: "For more thorough testing please purchase out SEWP Warranty Package which extends to 90 days"
Still don't like the concept or the attitude. It implies you might be buying a defective product and the seller couldn't care less. As far as I'm concerned, it's the sellers responsibility to ensure his product work properly.

Dajinn

Jun 2, 2015
Still don't like the concept or the attitude. It implies you might be buying a defective product and the seller couldn't care less. As far as I'm concerned, it's the sellers responsibility to ensure his product work properly.
Agreed. Bet if you ever called one of these sellers out on a claim on it theyd cop out with "we have thousands of inventory we can't test it all" :rolleyes:

Last edited: