10700T temperature

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

msangi

Apr 27, 2023
I recently bought a mini PC (Fujitsu Esprimo mini G5010) which comes with an i7 10700T.

I installed Proxmox and I’m happy with it but I’m not too sure about the temperature I’m seeing.
If the system is idle the CPU is at about 45C and the fan is really quiet.
If I add some load (like starting k3s on a VM with none of my pods running) temperature raises to 70C and the fan needs to work a bit. Switching to the powersave governor, with the same k3s workload, CPU temperature is lower at about 55C and the fan is quiet again.

Do these temperature look fine to you? When I got the system I opened it and it didn’t seem dusty, I’m not sure about the state of the thermal paste.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Not an issue or anything to worry about. If it gets anywhere near the maximum (100C), it will throttle down anyway.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
on my lenovo tiny i wanted to run the FAN higher to lower the temps, but this is controled by a Embedded controller not BIOS, no way.
don't worry, 70 degree celsius is a very good temp.

msangi

Apr 27, 2023
Thanks for your replies!

Before getting this machine I was using a Raspberry Pi model b as my home server. I've got an incredible performance boost but also need to re-learn what's normal since it was so low powered and fanless.