100g

1. james23

100g qsfp+ optics question (CWDM) - low prices

I've worked with a good bit of fiber, but never CWDM nor 100g stuff yet (until now)- Assuming that the QSFP28 modules ARE compatible with both of my switches (i know thats not always the case, but lets just assume yes here). should connecting 2x of these optics together with a patch cable be a...
  2. A

Are 100G Omni-Path DAC compatible with Ethernet NICs?

So, I've goofed up a bit and bought Intel Hitachi IQSFP26C30 QSFP28 100Gbps DAC which appears to be Intel Omni-Path, not Ethernet :( (Google search-ing the part number doesn't give much, but the cable has a custom sticker that says "Omnipath") I'm wondering if I could use it with Ethernet...
  3. U

Please help me out with my 10G-100G home network upgrade/topology

Hello people, I'm trying to upgrade my home network and hopefully soon also my internet fiber to 10G. But first things first the LAN upgrade: I recently scored a good deal on a brand new SN2010 switch! This will be the core switch in my server rack. I bet most of you know but it supports (18)x...
  4. L

Mellanox ConnectX-4s Not Working

So I've spent many hours on this completely unnecessary home network upgrade from 40 gigabit to 100 gigabit and it has been a very frustrating journey. I recently acquired a Celestica DX010 100 gigabit switch loaded with SONiC, two Mellanox ConnectX-4s (Exact model for both appears to be...
  5. E

Netgear M4500 100G switches

Has anyone looked at these M4500 M4500-48XF8C | Fully Managed Switches | Switches | Business | NETGEAR They seem to be targeting AV over IP. However they have fibre with 10/25/50/100G speeds depending on the model. These could be great top of the rack switches. @Patrick Would love to see a STH...
  6. S

Arista QSFP28 100G AOC, 10M, $96.75 from unixpluscom

I was on ebay searching for cheap QSFP+ AOC's for my Arista 7050QX-32-S and I stumbled across this unixpluscom listing for an Arista compatible AOC-Q-Q-100G-10 for $96.75: NEW Arista 100G QSFP28 10-Meter Active Optical Cable AOC-Q-Q-100G-10M | eBay This AOC cable is $510 on fs.com: Arista...