Search results

1. J

EU FS: Intel P4500 2TB U.2, broadcom 9405w-16i

1x broadcom and u.2 enabler cable gone.
  2. J

R720 - iDRAC cannot initialize (MB replaced)

I think you can use any firmware you listed above the version you have installed. I have tried this procedure with 2.61 firmware which has fix for your issue, but it is possible that idrac is hardware dead and no way to install firmware is possible. (when i followed the procedure idrac was...
  3. J

EU [WTB & FS] Xeon E5v4 | Ryzen 8 core | NVME U2 1.6tb Drives | Caddies for Netapp & Cisco | & more

Still need that caddies for netapp ? I got 5 caddies from DS4246 (original number with disk was SP-477A-R6, one caddy does not have screws). 50eur for caddies ? I would like to get rid all of them. Shipping by GLS calculated about 15-20eur. (austria) (or personal pickup Brno - Czech Rep )...
  4. J

EU FS: Intel P4500 2TB U.2, broadcom 9405w-16i

Hi, i got for sale: 2x Broadcom 9405w-16i https://docs.broadcom.com/doc/12380766 State: Used, fully working Price: 300Eur each I can add some cables, i have got some u.2 enabler cable, u.3 cables, SFF-8643 SAS to SATA cables...
  5. J

Supermicro H12SSL-i, H12SSL-C, H12SSL-NT, H12SSL-CT boards - notes, experiences

I have it for more than two weeks, if you need some pictures of it working i can provide some. But this is for smicro H12 boards thread, and i wrote that i could not get it working with h12ssl-i board. (rest is offtopic)
  6. J

That was my intention, 2x4T for vm datastore, but could not get it work.
  7. J

I call this bullshit, it works on other my systems. last system i have tried is Asrock X99extreme 6. By the papers i have been trough it is using marvel chip which is pci compliant. in the win10 system it shows as SCSI\DISK&VEN_NVME&PROD_HPE_NS204I-P_GEN\5&2FE5908E&0&000000...
  8. J

Even with bios 2.6a HPE NS204i-p card does not work with my H12SSL-I. (card does not shows up)
  9. J

EU [FOUND][EU-SK] [WTB] Low profile bracket for Mellanox MCX311A

Ill have to look, but i have exactly theese cards. But the price for the bracket wont be that nice as from china due to shipping cost. My price would be around 9€ with zasilkovna and payment over revolut ? (Shipping from Czech)
  10. J

Brocade 300 firmware

I have tried, and ftp.adelaide is one valuable result, but without login you cannot download that files from ftp- And when no HTML access after upgrade then this task wont get benefit. Thank you.
  11. J

Brocade 300 firmware

Hello, i have managed to get two brocade 300 with firmware version 6.4.1. I am not able to get to the UI because of the firmware. Google is not helpful and cannot find the firmwares for download. (Broadcom has the latest 8.x.x, but the path is 6.4.3 => 7.3.0 => 8.x.x Can someone provide...
  12. J

Sharing DAS storage (SAS3) between multiple servers?

I was sticking to this topic and links he asked about. I know cluster filesystems, but that is not part of this project OP asked about. So strict answers has to be told. If he mounts XFS to both nodes he will corrupt data :)
  13. J

Why it would not work with other FS ? As i mentioned. GOOD LINUX knowledge required. Point is which node has to have the FS mounted. YOU CANNOT HAVE MOUNTED FS ON BOTH NODES. The manual would work for other FS only at the point where ZFS is not mentioned. Therefore you need to google how to do...
  14. J

I believe this is what you are looking for. It requires good linux knowledge ;) Home · ewwhite/zfs-ha Wiki or netberg | Main (you can skip zfs, and use any FS). Be careful when fencing volume on multipath and another problem is this is not alua, so second server is rather passive. I have...
  15. J

ESXi all-NVMe storage array requirements

Uff i believe you have travelled to the road that is full of licensing :) VGPU on esxi? - I dont know if its possible to share one gpu more nodes. I am planing horizon on two nodes and both HAS TO HAVE nv a40. Sharing one gpu over more vms is possible with predefined GPU power and memory...
  16. J

Amd EPYC 75F3 in dell r7515 operating temperature

Okay, had some time and did 15min stress test during less production time :) VM with 32cores with ng-stress test. Idrac showed 98% cpu utilization, esxi same. Idrac pwm speeds 100% 20k rpm. (would not rather to be in the rack at the moment) Temperature did not rise above 86°C. Started...
  17. J

That is the point. So far no ticket created, just spamming engineers because of curiosity :) Anyway. Flir showed only that everything is ok. (sorry for shitty quality but that flir does not take pictures better :) Intake below 27°C. Out less than 40°C. So far negotiated with eng presales to...
  18. J

I believe there is not place for that ... As mentioned, dell engineering team has holidays. So will have to wait until next week.