Search results

1. P

Need advice on media station build!

I have a 750w psu. Would that be enough to power my server, it's hdds, and my gaming rig? I don't know much about sfx psu. Us that enough to power a freenas server/compatible or recommended? Can the phantek case just have 2 separate psu instead of using the splitter?
  2. P

I have. I forgot to put that down as an option! Also a really good option. My only concern is the power splitter. Is that going to be ok with my server mobo? Im not sure why it wouldn't but it just seems iffy since server mobo can be a little finicky.
  3. P

Hey all! I'm moving from a townhouse to a smaller condo and need to consolidate my computers. I have two computers. My freenas server is in a fractal node 804 with my gigabyte xeon d server mobo with 6 hdds. My main desktop is in a HAF tower with a microATX and a i5-4670k with 4 hdds and 2...
  4. P

SOLD: Asrock C2550d4i + 32gb ECC ram + Fractal Node 304

Ha! That already happened to me. In an act of forgiveness she revived me. Only to see me do it again with a Xeon build. [emoji13]
  5. P

Oh man! I def understand! I thought I could reuse my ddr3 ram for my Xeon build only to find out I needed ddr4! I had to wait a week before I could test out my Xeon! I'll give it a few days tops.
  6. P

I'm also open to reasonable offers for the bundle as well!
  7. P

Ideally would like to sell the bundle. Might be tough. But I'm moving so I need to mobilize extra stuff. If no one wants or shows any interest in the bundle after a few days....I guess I'll sell the ram for 125?
  8. P

It's in the basement so I can't hear it at all! :P when I sit next to it I don't hear it. In fact the hard drive writing/reading sounds are louder than the fans. Generally speaking the case fans are usually mediocre quality. So if there is excessive noise, they'll probably be the culprit...
  9. P

Hi all! This is my first time selling, but i've bought a few things from here before. Recently upgraded to xeon platform since i needed more power. This was my first server and first time using freenas. It was great! But now I have no use for it. I am selling the following: -Asrock...
  10. P

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Sure....passmark shows better numbers and what not...maybe this a stupid question.. But the core speeds are identical between the atom c2550 and the Xeon d cores. It seems the systems that perform better with transcoding are those with higher single core speeds. So that's why I'm wondering if...
  11. P

Hmmm would the Xeon d-1521 be significantly weaker Than the Xeon 1231 v3?
  12. P

Sorry to be off-topic... I few pages someone asked about the xeon-d performance with plex....anyone have any other thoughts? I currently have the atom c2550 in my system and I'm getting some significant performance issues with single 1080p mkv streams. I just got one of the gigabyte xeon...