Search results

1. A

Seeking Sanity Check on new Virtualisation Host

Hey All, Just after a sanity check on this build; ASRock ROMED8U-2T Epyc 7302P CPU Supermicro SNK-P0064AP4] 8 X 32GB 2666Mhz Memory Corsair SF600 PSU Sliger Cerberus Case Are there still finicky issues with memory in the Epyc motherboards or will any specification compatible memory be...
  2. A

AU Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F | 128GB Memory | CSE-E301 Chassis and PSU - Updated

Hi All, I have updated the listing with photo's and another system (3 of each) ############################ I am looking at sell 3 systems comprising of; Supermicro X10SDV-TLN4F motherboard 128GB of memory CSE-E301 Chassis 150W power supply 3 FAN-0100L4 fans The motherboards have been used...
  3. A

Xeon D Cluster Advice

Hi All, I am rebuilding the home lab and deciding what to use where. I am building a 3 host KVM cluster first, how would the newer Xeon D-2123IT compare with the older D-1541? I don't expect the guest to all be competing for CPU time at the same time all too often so would the newer...
  4. A

FS: X10SDV-8C-TLN4F

Hi All, I am rebuilding the lab with a different configuration and looking to sell a number of X10SDV-TLN4F (actively cooled Xeon D 1541) motherboards with 32GB but up to 128GB of memory. The motherboards are taken from my SYS-5028D-TN4T SuperServers but the cases are too heavy to ship so I...
  5. A

Lab advice to aid in quick recovery for hardware failure

Hi All, I am seeking advice on how to better evolve my setup to achieve solve two issues: 1. Ability to recover quickly in the event of a hardware failure 2. Robust backups support my recovery For the last 4 years I have been running a single Windows 2016 server using Hyper-V with...
  6. A

[WTB] SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SPM-TF-O

Hi all, Putting feelers out there to see what current pricing looks like for a SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SPM-TF-O motherboard preferably with CPU and memory. Looking to build up the home lab and determining which route to take. Looking for matx form factor with support for more than 128GB of memory...
  7. A

AMD EPYC 7302p+ Supermicro H11SSL-i version 2

Hi All, Has anyone had experience buying the above from China? These prices seem too good to be true or am I just not across today's pricing...
  8. A

Synology Expansion Chassis Connected to Infiniband Card in Server

Hi All, Curious if anyone has tested connecting Synology Expansion Chassis directly to a server? The expansion chassis seem to be hitting the market at very low prices now that HDD capacity is so large. Not a fan of Synology but I like the form factor of the expansion chassis.
  9. A

RMA Samsung Memory

Hi All, Anyone have any advice o how to RMA Sumsung Server memory? I am located in Australia and Samsung Australia advised they do not sell Samsung memory in AU and therefore cannot RMA it. The memory wasnto bought direct from a store. Thanks
  10. A

Patricks Building a TrueNAS Core 8-bay mATX ZFS NAS

Hi all, I am looking at building a NAS based off either TrueNAS Core or CentOS with OpenZFS using the Silverstone CS381. I currently have acces to both the ASRock Rack D1541D4U-2O8R and the Supermicro A2SDi-16C-HLN4F. The NAS will primarily be a NAS for photo's and backup so planning a pool of...
  11. A

[WTB] Asrock Rack ROMED6U-2L2T, CPU and Memory

Hi all, Looking to buy an Asrock Rack ROMED6U-2L2T with a lower end CPU (something equivalent to a Xeon Silver 4116) with or without memory. Thanks, Adam
  12. A

Help Buying From Supermicro Store

Hi All, Just reaching out to see if anyone is willing to help me purchase 3 Supermicro MCP-260-00084-0N backplates from the Supermicro store and have them sent to my forwarding addresss in the US. Unfortunately I dont have a USA credit card so the checkout process fails. Total is $18.54, I...
  13. A

WTB: Supermicro Xeon D Mini ITX

Hi all, I am looking for a lower end Supermicro Xeon D based motherboard for a dedicated file serving only FreeNAS server. Also interested in memory and potentially a SYS-5029A-2TN4 Mini Tower chassis. I have previously used a Xeon D 1541 but it was definitely overkill for the task. If anyone...
  14. A

AU FS: QNap TVS-1282T3 (New) (ZFS Compatible)

I am selling a unused i5 16GB QNap TVS-1282T3 NAS. I purchased this device for a client who subsequently did not want it so its been sitting unused. Being one of the higher end units this unit will be compatible with the upcoming QTS Hero which looks like a really good option. Asking $3100 Photos
  15. A

Superchassis Cse-505-203B Cooling

Hi STH, I currently own a couple of Xeon D 1541 motherboard with the active cooler in the SUPERMICRO CSE-721TQ-250B Black Mini-Tower Server Case. I currently have these in a cupboard with limited airflow and they're running pretty cool (45C). To save some space I am looking at the Superchassis...
  16. A

AU FS: X10SDV Motherboards and More

Delete - will revise listing and upload photo's shortly
  17. A

FS: Supermicro X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F-O

Hi All, I bought a Supermicro X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F-O motherboard as an open box but otherwise brand new. I no longer require it. Just seeing if anyone is in the US is interested before I post it to Aus. $400 ono PayPal preffered Thanks,
  18. A

AU and US: Supermicro X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F-O - $425

Hi All, I bought a Supermicro X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F-O motherboard as an open box but otherwise brand new for $US. I no longer require it. Just seeing if anyone is in the US is interested before I post it across otherwise I will have it sent to AU and sell it here. Would also be willing to trade for...
  19. A

Cheap Cables (Supermicro eStore)

Hey Guys, This is in part a selfish post. I have recently discovered that Supermicro has an online store and they're cables in particular are insanely cheap. One example of many is the Supermicro 55cm OCuLink to U.2 PCIE SFF-8639 which is anywhere from $29 (all of out stock) to $40ish for...
  20. A

HighPoint SSD7120 NVMe RAID Controller

Hi All, I am looking at readjusting my storage server to try something new – FreeNAS. I currently have 2 nodes with 2 X 8TB HDD’s and 2 X Intel P3605 drives each using Supermicro X10SDV motherboards. I am considering combing these into a single server and was considering 4 X 8TB drives in...