Search results

1. O

Answer all questions regarding Optical Transceiver(SFP+/QSFP+/QSFP28/CFP)

1. Sample base is too small to justify "all of them are working well". The quality goal our factroy need to reach is "300 FIT". It means that you can not have more than 300failures over a million pcs each year on your customer side, which is the criterion of a CM for those switch vendor need to...
  2. O

QSFP+ to SFP+ Optics - Possible?

It has to be either QSFP+ 40G SR4 multimode 850nm pair up with 10G SFP+ SR multimode and multimode fiber within 300M reach, which is cheap. or QSFP+ 40G PSM4 pair up with 10G SFP+ 1310nm single mode can be longer up to 10km. But I still think 1x4 breakout AOC is better.
  3. O

Sorry if I violate any regulations. I just made recommendation accordingly.
  4. O

SFP+ question

If a finisar generic transceiver works, I think any generic transceivers works. Because basiclly a Finisar generic transceiver only put the whatever is in MSA. you can find much cheaper ones
  5. O

I need to extend this "worked" concept on the perspective of CM manufactory. Most compatible transceivers you purchase online just assembly in a hand workshop. They have no respect of quality control and follow the industry standards. To make it work in certain switches just need to write the...
  6. O

Here's a $1.3k switch for you: 18x 40Gig QSFP and 40x 10gig SFP+

If it is a Class 1 10G SFP+ port, the power consumption can be typical under 1.5w. But if you are concerned about the power consumption, we have supplier a lot to HW of SFP Single mode 10km reach on typical 1w or lower to 0.8w. For Multi mode 300m reach it could be lower than 0.7w.
  7. O

40G QSFP+ to 4x10G SFP+ breakout Active Optical Cable 40G qsfp+ breakout 4 SFP+ Probably the one you wanted. Also if the linkrange is too long. You can choose QSFP+ 40G PSM4 + 4* 10gSFP+ via 40G QSFP+ PSM4 LR4 1310nm 10km Transceiver Commercial Temperature for up to 10km link.
  8. O

[Solved] BiDi fiber question

I cant agree more with Jerry. These extremely short range I recommend you to use 10G SFP+ AOC or 10G SFP+ SR 300m with OM3/OM4 fiber. The Bidi you choosing according to the MSA Average Optical Power Pavg -8.2 to - 0.5 dBm Overload OL 0.5 dBm Receive Sensitivity Psens 14.4 dBm In some extreme...
  9. O

Cisco BiDi / 40GBASE-SR-BD QSFP in non-Cisco switches?

I am working in a CM manufacturing SFP+/QSFP+/QSFP28/CFP for major switch vendors like CISCO, HW, ZTE, Nokia and Ericsson. The issue why transceivers can not run in the switch is because the EEPROM information in A0h and A2h area in the transceiver. The switch will read these area to check if it...
  10. O

I am a engineer in Optical transceiver for over 10+years in a CM manufactory(OEM SFP+/QSFP+/QSFP28/CFP basiclly from 1G to 100G) in China for CISCO, HW, ZTE, Nokia plus ALU, Ericsson. Probablly from most of the equipment vendors you know. And also been widely adapted by white box switches from...