Search results

1. G

Dell PowerEdge C8220 Build and Questions

That raid card you posted is a PCI raid card, I dont think i'll fit anywhere on the board, correct me if I'm wrong though but a PCIe Sata raid card like this one should work right? Micro Center - Computers and Electronics Also, I've decided to go for the Thermaltake Core X2 case for the build...
  2. G

Sorry I dont know which it is. See screenshots for packaging and connector, hopefully you can figure it out and let me know. Sorry for the newbie questions. But if we're only providing 5v though our power supply, could that be the root of the issue? Maybe we need to figure out which pin/pins on...
  3. G

Another solution we can try is use an M.2 PCIe to PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter and try a M.2 SSD. Anyone have one of those to test laying around before I shell out a heap of cash?
  4. G

I tried the Mini-SAS cable- no dice. I couldn't get the drive to boot or detect in bios. We're running out of ideas. Why wouldn't the sata ports on the motherboard work. Could it be that the 24+4 pin to 18 pin has the voltage wrong on one or more of the pins related to the SATA ports? I'm...
  5. G

@arcaster Were you able to use the onboard SATA connectors? Is there any chance you can take some pictures of your board? I want to see all your jumper configs.
  6. G

Nope, no PCIe adapter, I plugged it into the motherboard PCIe slot and 6+6 pin connectors. I've had bad experiences with risers with another build as I did saw big performance hits and studdering. I still have them laying around, maybe I'll give them a try just for kicks when I have time.
  7. G

Come to think of it, I did disable the onboard graphics before sticking in my video card. That might help, but be careful, if you don't get video from your graphics card, you'll have to find a way to reset the bios. I thought I had that problem and tried resetting bios and couldn't. It turns out...
  8. G

If only it worked with CPUs it would be the prefect solution. It has great potential nonetheless. I'll consider getting one to play with since they're only $20 on ebay.
  9. G

1.Now that you mention it the NPDB wire was connected from the power distribution board which i removed before attempting to power on. I should mention that although my board did power on as soon as I plugged it in, I didnt get video until I placed the jumper you see in the video at the end of...
  10. G

Yeah, I didnt have a jumper on there and my board powered on without without any jumpers on the front panel pins. As soon as i plugged in the power supply and flipped he power switch on the power supply it powered on. My goal is to 1.Get the front panel pins associated with with correct panel...
  11. G

What Nvidia driver did you install? The Latest one off the Nvidia website. Any other C++ drivers or anything like that? Nope Which PCIe slot are you in and how did you do it? Slot One, closest to the edge of the board. Did you use a riser cable to gain access to the PCIe slots on the...
  12. G

Nope, But I can do check that later today. 750w should be enough. Unless you using a crazy liquid cooler like the zalman lq320 which apparently has a 340w Max power draw! I'm using a 650w and havent experienced any issues but then again I havn't plugged in any of the CPU fans and have been...
  13. G

2nd Processor installed successfully. Graphics card installed successfully with no problems. Everything is running beautifully. I just need to pick up a molex-4pin for the CPU fans. I'll post videos and screenshots after work tomorrow. I've very excited. specs 2x e5-2650 8 Gigs of ram GTX 970...
  14. G

I found @dradabue's old post about creating the jumper harness and recreated it myself. I'm installing windows 10 now and I'll try installing my GTX 970 Graphics card and second processor. I'll follow up after its done .
  15. G

@drabadue Thanks for all your help here. I believe we have the same board and I did manage to get it powered on thanks to your posts. I am encountering the same issue you are and I cant get the board to detect my ssd. What is that 2 pin connecter converter you have powering that sata...
  16. G

@drabadue Did you manage to get the graphics card working?