Search results

1. F

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

You can do a smartctl command in terminal to get the temperature of the nvme drive. Might have to install the package beforehand depending on the distro. For example: >#smartctl -a /dev/nvme0
  2. F

Any idea what temps your SSD/RAM area are reaching? What's the temp readout on the NVME?
  3. F

I've seen elsewhere in this forum that possibly repasting the CPU could help. If there's a significant gap between the CPU and heatsink then get some copper shims to make the gap a lil smaller.
  4. F

Cheap Interesting Chinese 4x2.5g, 2x10G switch, (but also problems with DACs)

Thanks a bunch for all the information. I'm gonna do some research on DACs and hope to post back here with some success in a bit.
  5. F

Ok thanks. I will shop around for my modules and perhaps look at 10Gtek. I also need to get an SFP+ pcie card. DACs look attractive because they generally "just work" in the Intel x710 and it's only one thing to buy. For a 3m run I think it'd be the cheaper option but haven't looked around much...
  6. F

Does anyone have any recommendations for SFP+ modules to put in these? Was thinking about getting a nice 10G SFP+ card to put in desktop and NAS and would like a way to connect these up. Seeing DAC isn't recommended... willing to give one a shot if the price is right. I already have CAT6 running...