Search results

1. T

32GB DIMM with Xeon E3 v5/v6?

sorry guys for not finding this https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/ram-capacity-with-limited-dimm-slots-on-mini-itx.35710/
  2. T

32GB DIMM with Xeon E3 v5/v6?

Hello, Would a 32GB ECC UDIMM work with Intel Xeon E3 v5 or v6 processor? Specs say max 16GB sticks are supported. I'd love to max out RAM in ASUS P10S-I, which only has two slots. Thanks
  3. T

Wireless bridge between two buildings: Hardware suggestions needed

If regulations in your area allow it, look at 60GHz hardware i.e. from Mikrotik MikroTik Latency and reliability is superb compared to WiFi.
  4. T

EU Some Brocade switches (ICX 6610 etc)

Thanks, I ordered some 7750s. It's arbitrarily difficult to get new ICX switches these days.
  5. T

Windows Server 2019/Hyper-V licensing?

You can activate your host with server standard volume key you'll get and activate guests with AVMA keys https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started-19/vm-activation-19
  6. T

NVMe M.2 boot drive w PLP

Kingston DC1000B. Cheap, small, slow and PLP NVMe.
  7. T

New Supermicro BMC interface

It's quite buggy, slow and doesn't work in Firefox. On the other hand things seem a bit more integrated - for example serial numbers of not only mainboard, but also chassis and basically any Supermicro components can be read from there. One can even view serial numbers of NVMe disks and even...
  8. T

No! The option is there but it's grayed out - maybe in future firmware update.
  9. T

Supermicro has a new refreshing BMC web interface - at least on H12 servers I got at work recently - 1114S-WN10RT with H12SSW-NTR mainboard. I like the power off remote console screen :)
  10. T

Downsides of BCM57810S based NICs?

They just work almost everywhere.
  11. T

Aruba IAP firmware

Looking for recent firmware for IAP 210 series, can anyone share? Thanks
  12. T

HP smart array P420 in the HPE ml10 gen9

Not sure if it will work, but try launching intelligent provisioning (if gen10 still has it) on boot am open smart storage admin from there. You may still be able to configure the controller from there.
  13. T

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

Indeed, however if no other HBA is available then it's perfectly adequate to use just to format disks to 512b blocks.
  14. T

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

You can switch one of the P420 controllers to HBA mode to reformat these disks. Depending on your OS, Smart Storage Administrator CLI (ssacli) is your friend.
  15. T

HPE and Samsung 15.36TB SAS3 SSD $1295

They're engineering samples by the way. Rev0, no HPE GPN, werid FW versions (they usually release with 1 at the last digit). The one in first post is even for 3PAR so 520b, which is no issue of course but one loses some functions when attached to HP Smart Array. FW for 3PAR SSDs can't be updated...
  16. T

ESXI to Proxmox

You can import vmdk (or even vhdx from HyperV) images to preconfigured Proxmox VM directly from shell with qm importdisk qm(1) This process does not touch source vmdk image. If your guest OS has native VirtIO support, you should have no problems starting the VM with VirtIO disk controller.
  17. T

Anyone know what cables go in this?

HPE PartSurfer I don't think black connector is required, at least there's no obvious place on the 6-bay cage to connect it to. Google isn't finding any installation manual for that kit.
  18. T

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

Is it possible to partition fusionio device into multiple logical devices that are presented to the OS, similar to what NVMe namespaces do?
  19. T

PMC PM8001 based HBA

On OmniOS (and I assume also Solaris) firmware gets updated on boot when PMC driver is loaded.