Search results

1. G

Need help with building fiber network.

I could move the modem to the attic, but unless i can put the modem anywhere in the network, which i can't as far as i know. So it would just move to the Router in the attic and I'd still need a fiber cable from the basement to that modem. And im not allowed to put a cable anywhere other than...
  2. G

Because it's part of our local governments fiber initiative and they only pay to have it placed in the best point of the house for the company that lays them not us. We don't have anything to say in that matter. Its inside the house what happens from there is not their problem. Even if we have...
  3. G

The thing is that Router is the one we already own. So id just reuse it. Since it wont be very useful in the attic.
  4. G

You understood that correctly the fiber to the basement is effectively an extension cord from the box the ISP is going to put there. I'll make a note in the post.
  5. G

My plan for the network is attached to this post as a picture. 10G lines have a note next to them the rest is 2.5G or lower. Edit: the switch that is connected to the basement should be a router and the other Router will only serve as wifi access point and switch. (Thanks for the reminder...
  6. G

Hi, my house is going to receive a fiber connection in a few weeks/months and i obviously want to use it. But there is a problem. I cant run a cable inside my house, because the room where they are going to install it in has only one door and that is a fire protection door, which has to be...