Search results

1. R

Supermicro A3SSV-16C-SPLN10F Intel Atom P5342 25GbE Motherboard Review

"The street price is often $1300-1400 for the motherboard and around $2200-2300 in full systems." Funny, the same price that X10SDV 8core+ is listed at on ebay....I sure would love to move on from my 5 X10 mobos...which are still sold at the above price for new...
  2. R

DX010 100gb switch $315 or BO

https://www.servethehome.com/inside-a-celestica-seastone-dx010-32x-100gbe-switch/ The bug was never fixed, just reduced. I've had 3 c2558s fail of the 3 I bought....
  3. R

DX010 100gb switch $315 or BO

C2000 series processor. Will die due to AVR54 bug. No go.
  4. R

Firewall + Upgrade Home Network to 10G

^They have dimensions listed....depends on the "media console". One fits in mine... The price IMO is not exorbiant at all. Paying 1/2 as much would have me worried. As far as a decent web ui, if you want managed features, especially L2+/L3 I don't think anything really has that outside of...
  5. R

Firewall + Upgrade Home Network to 10G

I have c3758, but moved to a d-1541/d-1540 via PFSense. TNSR would be ideal. Soon upgrading to a d-2146NT however will be in a vm fo ha on a 5 node cluster....though the failover is a 5950x w 2x25gbps sfp28. As stated the c3758 will not perform for 10gig, the d-1540 will. For a multi gig...
  6. R

Assistance finding a mostly quiet POE switch (or can be made quiet with fan swaps)

^Read again. 24port w 4 SFP+. The ICX 7150-C12p is half that. Doing 2 and stacking via SFP+ still limits it to 2 SFP+...
  7. R

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

^ I think he is confusing pair of cable vs pair of strands....
  8. R

Oddly I had same problem over wifi. Went wired and smoothly.
  9. R

[SOLVED] HDMI-over-IP/HDBaseT-over-IP? Anyone can share experience?

For HDMI and USB, I ran Bullet Train AOC 48Gbps Fiber/HDMI cables, there are cheaper though, for me they were $750/ea. Then I also use a Bullet Train AOC Fiber USB 3.1 Hub, also expensive. For most other remote USB stuff I use a Digi Anywhere 2 Plus, which is USB 2.0 over IP, usually pick those...
  10. R

I'd do a pair of cables for redundancy/ future proofing. Ie one breaks. The number of strands is the same reasoning and the cable is cheap enough. Think of it like copper cabling, how many strands are there in Cat 6? However cat 6 needs 8 strands per link. Fiber CAN be one called bi...
  11. R

1) you could run an active optical dac like this if indeed 100ft is enough https://www.fs.com/products/40094.html?attribute=10644&id=202904 Otherwise I'd run 2 pairs of 2-6 strand fiber. Om3/4 will work, I prefer OS2. OM is multimode using leds, os is single mode using lasers. Om3 is good for...
  12. R

I want one

Finding any of the 1600/1700 Xeon Ds are near impossible still....at least used. Even some of the stuff Supermicro announced isn't on their website anymore, me thinks during Covid that much got axed.
  13. R

Yes no dual mode needed anymore. Just use untagged and tagged vlans. Of course only 1 untagged per port. I recommend downloading the manuals for the Fastiron os you are using. Even as a CLI noob( however IT repair for decades) the rather large manuals have made things easy to follow, along...
  14. R

No more TNSR homelab....
  15. R

Yes, I almost always download directions...because I have a tendency to bring down my homelab just to try stuff....my better half may be unhappy, but she has no need for any networking at the house as she is perfectly fine on 5G. PM'd you the zip btw. Anyway, got my switch working fine from a...
  16. R

Rockus ICX7250-24P Fan mod

This would have helped as your freehand is lacking ;-) or this...
  17. R

ienRon 22 Port 2.5G Managed Layer 3 Network Switch, 16 x 2.5 Gigabit Base-T Ports, 6 x 10 Gigabit SFP Switch, Ethernet Switch, Smart Switch, Flexible

^Because then they only need to do one sticker batch run. Patrick from STH pointed this out on another 2.5 switch router or firewall, but it was the reverse, ports were labeled SFP but in fact they were SFP+
  18. R

Xeon D-1541 X10SDV-8C-TLN4F w Intel XXV710-DA2 PFSense iperf server Atom C3758 A2SDi-8C-HLN4F w Intel X550-T2 (getting changed to X710-DA2) Proxmox w VMs paused except for debian networking test os AMD 5950x w Intel XXV710-DA2 Windows, but moving Windows over to VM soon as well on this HW.
  19. R

Yup I have, same issue persists.
  20. R

I can't say if it's the latest 9.0.10 but I will be rolling back. (7250-48P) POE for my 2 ubiquiti APs (2P-IEEEE class 4) as reported by the switch rarely turns on. Usually have to run: inline power non-pd-detection enable write mem reload Without reboot, POE problem is not resolved. though...