Search results

1. W

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

Start with 1. It has bad thermal management and it is not stable when all power save options are enabled. Disabling them increases heat.. Fans are rather noisy (compared to NUCs). But you get a lot of features in a small package. I would prefer a slightly larger size with better and less noisy...
  2. W

I have the impression that the MS-01 is not very efficient. Maybe it is the H CPU that just scales up more quickly than the P in the NUC, or maybe it is the power supply design. The brick gets quite warm even with lower loads, I guess it is not the most efficient. If the power conversion on the...
  3. W

With a 1GB SFP module (fiber internet) consumption increased by 1-2 W. I can confirm the 12W idle too (with a good power meter), but only if you enable ASPM. However, consumption jumps massively even on light load. It is overall way less power efficient than my NUC 12 Pro. The cabinet really...
  4. W

good to know! Was it in Chinese or is it something we could take a screenshot from? :)
  5. W

ext4, you are right. But why would it swap that much? Wouldn't it make more sense to invest in RAM instead of an SSD?
  6. W

I am using an old 960Pro as only disk in a Proxmox server with 10+ VMs, with a lot of logging (Prometheus and Loki running on it among others, collecting logs of all systems). After years of use the wear level is at 14%. For example the 1TB 990 Pro has a 5-year warranty, up to 600TBW. If you...
  7. W

Error 43 I believe is a driver issue, the Win driver does not support SR-IOV. I assume you tried Virtualised GPU, and not GPU passthrough?
  8. W

Unfortunately, it was not tested. He only tested Virtualised GPU:
  9. W

Is it possible to get the video signal on the HDMI ports?
  10. W

Minisforum MS-01 Cinebench R23

Hi What results do you get in Cinebench R23? In the multithreading benchmark mine achieves 10'000-12'000 points, which is underwhelming. That is lower than a 12400K. Other systems with the 13900H get up to 20'000. Is there something wrong with mine or is this due to the small heatsink?
  11. W

Getting vPro remote KVM working on Minisforum MS-01

that was it, thank you. No idea why this is not documented?
  12. W

How do you reset the Intel ME password? It asks me to enter the "current password", but I have never entered a password. Is there a default password?
  13. W

Maybe the CPU won't reach lower C states, because of the SPF module or because you have not enabled all power saving options in the BIOS? What does "cpupower monitor" show?
  14. W

Seems to be, among others: NVD - CVE-2022-30601 9.8 score (out of 10..). Best to disable AMT/vPro until this is fixed, or at least to only allow it on one interface, connected to a protected management network. No BIOS update released yet. I checked for BIOS updates for their other products...
  15. W

Thank you. Apologies, I made a mistake: I meant assign the GPU to a guest. Is that possible, so that the guest can use the HDMI port and the host uses Intels AMT/vPro?
  16. W

What measurement device have you used? I am asking because at such low consumptions the power factor is usually low and not all measurement devices consider that.
  17. W

What are the detected vulnerabilities? Anything relevant for a single-user setup? Is it possible to assign the GPU to a host and use vPro to manage the hypervisor (Proxmox/KVM)?
  18. W

Smallest Proxmox server possible

Have a look at Odroid H3+. It has only one m.2, but is small, very low power and better quality than the stuff you usually get from Chinese vendors.
  19. W

That is very helpful, thank you! Those are much better numbers than during the STH review. Was this with the "performance" or "powersave" governor? How did you measure the power consumption?