Search results

1. Koop

[FS][US-NJ] RAM Modules , Intel Consumer CPUs

In housing or just by themselves? I could potentially use a few if they're the same models as the ones used in SuperMicro chassis
  2. Koop

Supermicro 846 chassis fully extended rails question

I'm gonna necro this thread since it's relevant to me. I noticed today using two sets of yellow rev B rails and two 846 chassis I cannot extend my chassis far enough to remove the top cover. Not sure what the deal is there. From the posts here it sounds like using the rails I have I shouldn't...
  3. Koop

Ebay - used HGST HC520 SATA 12tb with vendor 5 year warranty - $83 - sketchy vendor warning!

I've purchased 10TB drives from them and they didn't wipe SMART or anything like that. Clearly showed they had a ton of hours on them. So I dunno, maybe they stopped messing around with it due to the complaints?
  4. Koop

[US-NJ][WTB] x16 and x8 PCIe to U.2 adapters, HGST 800GB SAS SSDs

My midlife crisis isn't a car that's for sure.
  5. Koop

Yeah I had gone down this route initially but for the number of things I wanted to print it started to become somewhat costly. To the point where it feels like a better investment to just do it myself, as Thanos would say. Plus it's just a great excuse to get into something I've been interested...
  6. Koop

Appreciate the advice. I only speak to models I see readily available online ready to print where right when I see it I wish I could print it right then and there lol That would be the start. Then eventually maybe seeing how I am modify such models. One step at a time as always!
  7. Koop

This is seriously becoming more and more of a requirement / good idea for me. I really need to look into getting my own printer but I want to get one that is as easy to use and hands off as possible lol. Going to do deep dive research on this because there's too many good ideas I could execute...
  8. Koop

Appreciate the input. I am aware of all the requirements. It would be interesting to see a large adapter like this with some cooling feature of the ability to mount fan(s). Otherwise I planned to add some additional airflow manually. It appears that the same adapter is on aliexpress for...
  9. Koop

Updated my post for what I'm currently seeking! :)
  10. Koop

Need info on what to get

I have used the same HBA with the same backplane without issue. Updating the firmware on the HBA is extremely easy and I would recommend doing so. The firmware update includes instructions, it's very easy to follow. You can download it via the product page...
  11. Koop

$250: Intel NUC 9 Pro Compute Element - NUC9VXQNB

Doesn't need its own power, doesn't take up additional real estate in a rack or shelf... IMO the pros aren't worth the cons but it's interesting for sure.
  12. Koop

Thank you for the heads up! I need to clean up my eBay alerts a bit. I'm not crazy in thinking prices are pretty meh these days am I? Because this seems a bit more expensive than I'd like for that capacity. Agreed on the SAS SSDs. I've gotten a few different models from different EMC arrays...
  13. Koop

$250: Intel NUC 9 Pro Compute Element - NUC9VXQNB

I refuse to pay more than a YouTuber
  14. Koop

Interested, sure. Able to afford? Questionable. But please feel free to send me a PM. Thanks.
  15. Koop

HGST HSH721414AL42M0 14TB SAS 4Kn $88 or less

Yeah the dumpster. Kidding!
  16. Koop

HGST HSH721414AL42M0 14TB SAS 4Kn $88 or less

How to go from "oh wow" to ":(" in a single post
  17. Koop

SAS, SATA, U.2, NVME, MiniSAS, HBA or RAID, OcuLink?? - Lost in Diversity

Yep so pretty much as I expected, it's all the same physical connector. My SAS drive too has all the pins on the other side. @Chriggel 's photos are way better than mine lol. It personally caught me off guard as I had always associated it with NVMe. It's funny because I was spending years...
  18. Koop

Think this is a good deal

Wish those knock-off Supermicro chassis didn't cost more to ship than they're worth
  19. Koop

DX010 100gb switch $315 or BO

On a scale of jet engine to space rocket what noise level are we looking at with this guy?