Search results

1. N

GCC install?

Ok I see. Thanks for the advice. I'll make a fresh install using the napp-in-one version and then use different VMs for my other stuff. Just to get some pointers, which would be the wiser choice, creating one big nfs share to use with all VMs, or creating multiple shares for different purposes...
  2. N

GCC install?

Thank you Gea. Install worked after an additional install. Cant find where the hell transmisson went tho. Theres supposed to be a web gui but no info on how to get to it. This Omni business might just be a little to much for me. Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  3. N

GCC install?

So I got my installation of OmniOS+Napp-it up and running on Esxi 6 and finally got my raid card into IT mode. Now im trying to follow this guide Olafsen – Tech and more : Software - OmniOS: How to Install TransmissionBT and install Transmission. At the time im running torrents on a Synology NAS...
  4. N

No disks in napp-it

Today i finally managed to erase it and flash with new bios and IT firmware. Didnt find a way to boot freedos. Nothing happend. Insted i found a way to boot in uefi mode and downloaded uefi shell to the usb stick. Had to try a couple of different shells but finally made it =) Next step is to...
  5. N

No disks in napp-it

[emoji44] Didnt even think of that. Makes sence that the pass-through isnt working correct if the vm isnt fully loaded. So ill try to boot from the same usb stick but remove the stick with esxi on first. That will haveto wait until tomorrow tho. Thanks for the advice on P7 too. Sent from...
  6. N

No disks in napp-it

This is the most annoying thing since D.Trumps political career. Made a new bootable USB with the sas2flsh and the other two files on it. Boot into it, runs sas2flsh -list...It list the device and then the whole freckin VM freezes. Tried with two different USB sticks. How can this be so...
  7. N

No disks in napp-it

Not really as straight forward as i had hoped. Tried doing it in Win Server2012 R2. After installing the drivers manually it found the card in the command prompt. In cmd i could update the bios but not change fw from IR to IT. Couldn't erase the flash in win either. Made a usb with freedos and...
  8. N

No disks in napp-it

Sounds promising. Guess i could just make a freedos bootable usb drive and install with that other wise? Win 7 didnt find any card thou =/ Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  9. N

No disks in napp-it

Is it possible to flash the LSI 9211-8i into IT-mode via the regular command prompt in say Win 7 or Win Server 2012?
  10. N

No disks in napp-it

Yeah I reckon thats what ill do tomorrow if i can find the time. Thanks for the support in these dark days [emoji6] Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  11. N

No disks in napp-it

Managed to buy a LSI 9211 with LOW profile. Can't seem to catch a freckin' brake. Well well. I'll figure something out and come back when i've broken the card in half. End of rant..
  12. N

No disks in napp-it

Ok I see. If I had the time to wait I could probably pick up a H310 for about half the price on Ebay incl. shipping to Sweden. Not sure I want to wait another 1-2weeks before getting this up and running =)
  13. N

No disks in napp-it

Thanks guys . So maybe i would be wise to go for a LSI 9211-8i insted of a Dell? Better and easier to flash with the right stuff? Found it for $145 30min drive from where i live. Sorry if I seem daft but i really want to get the right card this time.. Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  14. N

No disks in napp-it

Thanks for your answer. Thats was disapointing news. F*ck, cr*ap, a**. Guess i'll just have to go back to ebay,amazon, tradera(swedish) and try to find a new card. Pretty annoying since i've been waiting for weeks to get these parts and the time to set it up. Would a Dell Perc H310 do me any...
  15. N

No disks in napp-it

Hi guys. New here and hopefully i've found some new playgrounds =) Im running a Dell T20 with a Xeon E3-1226v3 and 20Gb ECC on Esxi 6. This has been mostly for experimenting with diffrent OS's and playing around. Now im trying to make this server take over some roles that im currently...