Search results

1. N

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

A dedicated master is necessary if you need some extended L3 features or you have a huge amount of clients (at least 500-1000). I don't see any reason to speedup roaming because it is client responsibility.
  2. N

How did you do it? Some tricks?
  3. N

Yep. It can be 200 USD per year per AP.
  4. N

@iceman_jkh Are you sure that you can use Aruba without a license? I can not be 100% sure as I checked it superficially, but you have to have a license for every AP in your system. And the cost of a license was not humanity. Of course, 6E can have an advantage but: check what 6Ghz channels can...
  5. N

@iceman_jkh I was able to use UART on Orange Pi as well as I forgot to take my UART converter to field. Any UART converter is good. It's a good idea to have it at home.
  6. N

We need more detail. I use SNMP v3 and everything very smooth
  7. N

I checked the CLI interface and there is no way to set a gateway for the management interface. I didn't check if I could modify the route table to get a gateway for management interface.
  8. N

I see. Looks like I don't have enough experience. Do you know about DHCP requests from AP?
  9. N

Wow. I can make a pull request as well if it's possible.
  10. N

It's possible. As I can see from docs, the management interface will use the same gateway as AP (on IP Settings tab) but it's not possible in my case because on "IP Settings tab" net is 10.101.0.0/16 but management IP is 10.2.2.1/16
  11. N

Interesting. Maybe it is hidden in UI? Also, maybe you know how DHCP works? I checked the leases list on MikroTik, there are a lot of AP IPs, but they don't have any additional options so I don't know who has this address. Do you know what DHCP request has? Maybe I can get AP name from it?
  12. N

200.14 I have r730 :) However, I suppose that there is internal settings that can be modified from cli
  13. N

maybe somebody has an idea: * DHCP ip:10.101.0.0/16 * management interface: 10.2.2.1/16, VLAN 2 is it possible to set a gateway for management interface?
  14. N

Come on, it looks like done "for boss fun". If somebody wanted to obscure seriously, we would not find workaround so quickly. I suppose that somebody is not smart enough and require to do it but engineers did it as shoddy job
  15. N

r720 is not so popular. I suppose the amount of produced units is much lower than r710/r730/r750
  16. N

Depends on size of your house. Probably r730/r850 will be enough. r730/r850 is able to work with 78 IoT device in my flat.
  17. N

I tried to update in big Unleashed network and it was reverted. I will be able to try only on my home r730 but only after 2-3 weeks.
  18. N

Thank you. After a couple of hours, I was able to reflash it. (I'm in fields, do not have a UART converter but have orange pi). I took a lot of photos and videos, I will publish them here if it's ok. BTW, PCB is gorgeous. It's so amazing piece of engineer art.
  19. N

And now a question. Maybe somebody knows. I got two used T610 and want to install them in school there I have a small WiFi net on R710/R610. With the first one, there were not any issues: factory reset, login, flash unleashed firmware However, I can't get access to the second one at all: it...
  20. N

I had issues with 802.3bt as well. However, it was before crossflash so it could be an issue of r730 SOLO. Finally. I decided to use DC power instead of PoE. I think it's important to mention that only another r850/r750 can be used for redundancy. In other words, without this feature, any AP...