Search results

1. Z

ReFS or Deduplication

Here's the original Data (not really real life though, there's loads of movie files on this disk, no pics or sound data ...) And here's the result on the Server Storage management console (look at the HD204UI drive) 120 GB Saved, less than 10%. I think this things is really...
  2. Z

ReFS or Deduplication

I'm trying Deduplication on a 2TB drive full of "Real Life" data (videos, music, programs, documents etc ...) Will let it run for a week or so and see the actual savings. (and post them) I'll try to get the hashes for several files, thanks for the suggestion.
  3. Z

ReFS or Deduplication

Hello, I recently built a server that I use mainly for media storage (pictures, movies ...) Here are the basic details : - Norco 4220 Chasis - Supermicro X9SCM-F board - E3-1270 - 16GB DDR3 ECC - Areca 1882 IX24 - Mellanox ConnectX2 board - 256 GB SSD Boot - 2TB 2.5" disk...
  4. Z

27" 2560x1440 IPS For Less than $400 shipped

I heard bout this deal a while back, but wasnt sure to go through with it because they had no anti-glare coating at the time. Is the situation any better ?
  5. Z

Mellanox MHQH19B-XTR

OK now, 2.1.1 was the answer here ... problem was located between chair & keyboard :)
  6. Z

Mellanox MHQH19B-XTR

I think I'm doing something wrong here. Both my 2 19B are showing up as "device cannot start (code 10)" on 2 different motherboards. Either I got screwed, or I'm a newbie :) Any ideas ? (I tried googling the issue and different openfabrics versions without succces). Thanks ! edit : actually...
  7. Z

Mellanox MHQH19B-XTR

With the p/n I was able to find the 2m version which exactly suits my needs ! thanks for that ! it's not that cheap @ 70$ but I really care for shorter length, especially on those very high bandwidth copper links
  8. Z

Mellanox MHQH19B-XTR

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll try both SRP & IPoIB but will probably end up using the IP option which looks fairly "usable" (problems with multiple simultaneous access to one target & stuff, not sure I'm want to go this way). Also (that might sound newbish :) ) I need that kind of cable...
  9. Z

Mellanox MHQH19B-XTR

Hello, After reading the article about this network adapter, I went ahead and bought 2 of them. I'd like some guidelines on their basic functionnalities though; My understanding is the following : I'm currently using Win 7 on my "working" PC & 2008 R2 on my Storagebox (Norco + areca)...