Search results

1. B

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Price is up today to $68.99
  2. B

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Thinking of picking up one of these. Looking to getting this setup. E5-2670 SR0KX X9SRL-F-O Hynix 32GB 4X8GB 2Rx4 DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10600R CL9 ECC Registered RDIMM Looking to use it for unRaid. Overkill a bit, but the prices are pretty darn good.
  3. B

Workstation Build Help

I have been doing some more research and I agree to forget the 1150 and go to 2011. Now the problem is deciding on a board. I would easily jump on the GA-X79S-UP5, but that has been discontinued. I can get the GA-X79-UP4 but that does not have SAS on board. The other board I have been...
  4. B

Workstation Build Help

Trying to put together a new workstation for myself. I will be using the system for software development using Visual Studio. It will also be used for Lightroom, Photoshop, VM Workstation (to spin up test machines) and all around daily personal use. I don't plan on playing games on this guy...
  5. B

Good for pfSense?

I have been thinking about doing that. But how many times can I reuse the license key to ESXi Hypervisor?
  6. B

Good for pfSense?

I ended up using a spare pc I had. Motherboard: Gigabyte H61M-S2PV CPU: Intel Pentium G620 The problem now is I find that this is way overkill as this machine pretty much sits ideal. I still want to figure something else to put it on.
  7. B

Good for pfSense?

Thanks for the feedback! I know it is a lot of power just for pfSense, but damn the price is cheap! But my other worries is the power draw on a much older chip. Sounds like a skip this one and keep looking.
  8. B

Good for pfSense?

What are the thoughts on getting this to run pfSense on it? Supermicro 2 x L5320 Xeon QC 1 86GHz 8GB RAM 160GB HDD Server Half Depth CA | eBay Only thing I can think of is power draw being to high.
  9. B

How do you name your servers?

Family and I love Colorado so I use places throughout Colorado as names.
  10. B

New Proposed Server 2012 Build Machine

I have been playing around with Flexraid in Server 2012 Essentials which seems to work pretty good. Still testing it out though. I did decide to build a standalone Server 2012 box as a domain controller. I am in the middle of getting parts for this guy so that I can build it and move forward...
  11. B

Windows 8 Hyper-V - Something is not working

I have a Windows 8 box running with Hyper-V and it works fine. Do you get anything when trying to launch the Hyper-V manager?
  12. B

Storage spaces is not turning out to be so hot. Speeds are horrible. That is what I originally planned on doing.
  13. B

Damn starting to rethink my plans. It seems from some ready today that it is not recommend to run any roles on the domain controller. So maybe I should do some testing and see if I can get Essentials 2012 and Flexraid working together. Keeps things simple.
  14. B

My big reason for a new build is for a movie server and machine backups. I originally was just thinking of Essentials 2012 only running on this machine but need some type of storage pooling. Flexraid seems like a good option but it does not seem to work in Essentials 2012. So I figured if I...
  15. B

True. Was just trying to save some money since I have these 2 drives sitting here. Figured for the main OS it would not be a big deal to go SSD.
  16. B

What do you mean keep the login times low?
  17. B

Hello, I am looking at finally replacing my WHS V1. I am looking for a multi use server and will run Windows Server 2012 w/ Hyper-V role. I plan on creating a VM for WHS 2011 which will run Flexraid. I also would create another VM for Essentials 2012 to play around with that. The main OS...
  18. B

WTB: Intel Dual Port Nic Low Profile Bracket

I think I am good now. Thanks!
  19. B

WTB: Intel Dual Port Nic Low Profile Bracket

I am looking for a Intel dual port nic low profile bracket to buy. Anybody have one they want to sell?