Search results

1. C

12gen N-series Nas motherboard (topton, cwwk, ... )

Thank you very much, but your download link redirected me to a random suspicious SPAM/malware site where I instinctively refused to click anything to proceed with the download. Anyway, there is no urgent need to get/test these drivers as I do not currently have Windows 11 installed. But perhaps...
  2. C

My N305 is currently around 30-35°C idle with Unraid and a couple of Docker containers. With all cores at full load and maximum boost clocks (using Prime95 Small FFTs) I get up to 55°C for a short time, but after about 30 seconds the CPU clocks down and the temperature settles to around 40-45°C...
  3. C

That's more or less what I've observed. I don't think fiddling with C-states really helps with power consumption.
  4. C

Just to be clear about the CWWK-ADLN-NAS board, there is no BIOS option to enable HDMI (at least to my knowledge), I just remembered having problems with it the first time I powered it up. I recommend to try the following procedure to get everything working: Connect a display via DP. Turn on...
  5. C

Glad to hear you could work around this too! Have you checked if your HDMI works after entering BIOS, loading default settings and saving them? It would be interesting to know if it is a common problem with the CW-ADLN-NAS that HDMI only works after entering the BIOS using a DisplayPort monitor...
  6. C

Great to hear! :cool: Does HDMI work after loading BIOS defaults and saving them? If not, you could try installing Windows (temporarily) on one of your hard drives, install the native Intel GFX driver[1], and see if HDMI works (and maybe even continues to work) after that. BTW, I doubt the...
  7. C

I seem to remember having problems with the HDMI port right after assembling my CWWK NAS system and booting it up for the first couple of times :rolleyes: (remember: just be patient, RAM training might take several minutes!). I then connected my monitor via DisplayPort (which surprisingly got a...
  8. C

On Unraid, PowerTop also shows about 80% C10 for the cores. But somehow I doubt that this value is correct, especially as package C-states seem to be completely disabled (0% for all).
  9. C

My complete system (CWWK board with N305 CPU, 48GB RAM, 4 HDDs, 2 SSDs, 1 NVMe, 4 fans, Corsair SF600 PSU) draws about 20W from the wall at idle (HDDs not spinning). I haven't found a way to get much lower than that yet. But the 20W include the power loss of the PSU, which is about 7W. So the...
  10. C

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately the manual is not for the CW-ADLN-NAS board that I (and probably the majority of other thread participants) have. Anyway, any information we can get on these Chinese N100/N305 boards is very welcome and I bet there are people here on the forum who will be...
  11. C

I just finished the Prime95 run after 23.5 hours and had no errors at all :cool: So I guess either the board is really picky with RAM sticks in general or some of you (@heyelly @m11k @mikecsmith) had really bad luck with faulty boards. Fingers crossed that you all find good solutions to your...
  12. C

I did just that – disabled all the PCIe root ports one by one. It would have been a good idea to document the results and post them here, but I didn't – sorry :rolleyes: Since both of you had stability issues most likely related to RAM, I started another Memtest86 run on my build (with a...
  13. C

It turned out that the board doesn't like ASPM settings enabled in BIOS for the NVME PCIe device (WD Red SN700 2TB) I installed in port M2M1. So in the BIOS I had to disable the ASPM/Substates/L1 Low options for PCH-IO PCIe root port 10 (which is the corresponding BIOS entry for M2M1). Now my...
  14. C

Are you sure the N100/N305 iGPU is capable of 1440p@144Hz? On a Windows 11 test installation with up-to-date drivers for the board, iGPU and monitor the highest refresh rate I get advertised is 120Hz at 1920x1080 (2560x1440@60Hz is working fine). No problem here with Unraid parity sync on...
  15. C

Sorry for being late with my reply - my impression is that the HDD cover of the Jonsbo N3 has nearly no influence on the noise level of the system.
  16. C

I agree, that might also help with power consumption. Personally, I'm not sure yet whether I will use one or more of the ethernet links later on. Well, I could try to come up with a power consumption comparison on Ubuntu (maybe next weekend, but no promises). Since I never used WOL in the...
  17. C

Today I experimented a bit with BIOS settings and ASPM (which by default is not available with this board). tl;dr ;) Enabling and trying out ASPM and C-states on the i3-N305 board does not seem to help much in terms of power consumption. But since I am no BIOS/NUC/CWWK expert, YMMV. If you...
  18. C

I will probably check this later. I'm currently experimenting on ASPM/C-States/BIOS settings, so disks are temporarily disconnected. Any cooler compatible to Intel LGA115x/1200 (NH-L9i is) should basically fit on the board. FYI, the Noctua fans are quite powerful yet very silent (any HDD will...
  19. C

I don't know how much the Jonsbo cooler bundle is on top on CWWK/AliExpress stores currently, but from what I have researched on the net the Noctua NH-L9 will definitely perform better. I configured the fan in the BIOS to be something like semi-passive, so it only starts up with very low speeds...
  20. C

In case you mean suggestions for a new PSU: I went for buying a 2nd hand but hardly ever used Corsair SF600 Platinum (CP-9020181-EU) which has a power dissipation of just 7 - 8W with loads of 20 - 40W. An SF450 Platinum would have been better (drawing even 1W less)[1]. From my research on the...