Search results

1. G

NIC Teaming

I am in the market for a new switch, as I want to do some NIC teaming. I want to do some testing of distributed file systems and "need more power". I have read over the suggestions on this thread, and it looks like something from the HP 1820 series of switches will do what I need for the...
  2. G

WTB: Supermicro SuperServer 2015TA-HTRF

I am looking to purchased used Supermicro 2015TA-HTRF. These came out in 2011 and contain 8 Atom servers in 2U rack space with 24 2.5 inch hard disk bays on the front. If you have one or more units of these, they are probably in your junk pile by now. I'm interested.
  3. G

Multi-Node Atom Server

The ARM appliance I am looking at has 40GbE (4 x 10GbE), each of the 8 nodes in the cluster (contained in 1U rack) has 2.5 gigs networking. They all communicate with each other internally and use the 10GbE ports for external connection. I got the benchmarks from the company today, quite...
  4. G

Multi-Node Atom Server

I recently learned about Ceph Software Defined Storage, I think it looks really slick and need to build a cheap setup to try it. To do it right, it takes quite a few boxes/nodes to get a proper setup - ideally 5 it seems. I am going to do something with Banana Pi and VM to test it out, but...