Search results

1. E

Intel SSD (H10) nvme1: Device not ready; aborting initialisation, CSTS=0x0

Greetings, Trying to perform data rescue of an Intel H10 SSD. The H10 is M.2 but has two PCIe channels, a x2 (lanes 0-1) that go to the 32GB 3DXPoint device and a separate x2 that goes to the TLC or QLC 512GB flash device. I can access the 3dXPoint device (PCIe lanes 0-1) and I can see the...
  2. E

Anyone know of any PCIe or USB NVMe M.2 adapters that allow custom bifurcation of M.2 slot?

Posting my solution here in case anyone runs into this strangeness. My issue was accessing the flash device on the Intel H10 M.2 SSD. The m.2 connector is "split" into two x2 interfaces, one to the 3DXpoint "flash" and one to the QLC non-3dXPoint flash. Without motherboard x2 bifurcation the...
  3. E

Where to get latest version of ICOS?

SONiC doesn't support all of the features needed for RDMA/RoCEv2, namely DCBx and ETS (enhanced transmission selection). ICOS does, but ICOS more recent than 2017 (3.5.0.1) does even better as RoCEv2 became more defined after 3.5.0.1 ICOS was released.
  4. E

Anyone know of any PCIe or USB NVMe M.2 adapters that allow custom bifurcation of M.2 slot?

In the continuing quest to rescue data from a M.2 NVMe SSD with a M.2 connector configured as x2x2 instead of x4 I need to find a matching x2x2 bifurcated host interface. I have a Broadcom P411W-32P installed in a Rocky 9.3 motherboard. port c0 is cabled to a cable to slot adapter and a pcie x8...
  5. E

Patching Intel X520 EEPROM to unlock all SFP+ transceivers

As anyone accomplished similar results/process with the X710 or X810 Ethernet cards? Removing the ability to use "allow_unsupported_sfp=1" in the ixgbe and ice drivers is a really uncool move by Intel.
  6. E

Where to get latest version of ICOS?

Howdy, I have a Delta AG9064 switch (64x 100GbE) running ICOS 3.5.0.1. Trying to get RoCEv2 running but this version lacks some commands and features needed. Delta said the switch was EOL and wouldn't even send the most recent version of ICOS in response (thanks). Does anyone know where a...
  7. E

Greetings, I'm trying to perform a data rescue for a friend of an Intel H10 Optane M.2 NVMe SSD. This is a weird critter that has the x4 M.2 edge connector birfurcated into two independent x2 channels. So the M.2 is x2x2. Of all of the server and desktop motherboards in my collection, none...