Search results

1. J

EXPIRED Kioxia XG8 1TB M.2 PCIe4 $48 shipped

Well, you ARE thread dumping. My original post clearly stated that these are not Enterprise drives. My second post clearly stated that the drive I received had 100% life left. All 3 of the drives I received have less than 500 hours on them. If you feel that the price on these was only fair...
  2. J

Extremely slow DHCP leases

I learned how to disable the spanning tree altogether. Wired DHCP leases are instantaneous now. Thank you all for the help!
  3. J

OK, so I figured out how to enable portfast through the command terminal, but I am doing one port at a time. I need to enable it on ports 0/0/0 - 0/0/45. Is there any way to enable all of these ports at once? If not, I'll be here all night.
  4. J

The other thing that confuses me is that I have read that STP is disabled by default on all Aruba switches. This switch was factory reset and I certainly didn't enable it.
  5. J

I already have that guide and looked through it. It is all related to command line interface, which is way above my head...
  6. J

Well, I've gone through every single configuration page and cannot fine anything related to STP.
  7. J

Thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully it's something this simple. I have no idea where to disable it though. In pFsense or the switch. I'm poking around now. So, creating duplicate VLANs in the switch was the correct way to assign ports then?
  8. J

I'm 100% confident that there are no hidden DHCP servers running anywhere. You lost me on the rest though...
  9. J

A few months ago, I decided to replace my aging Unifi system and stumbled upon home labs and open source firewalls. I never heard of either before this. This got me curious and I fell down the rabbit hole. Since then, I have learned a lot about networking and have put together a system including...
  10. J

Please help with this Optane D4800X

Similar experience. My drive also had a password, but removing that was the easy part. The rest took way to long and it wasn't worth waiting for the format. Something definitely locked to IBM with these. The seller sent me another drive to test and it behaved exactly the same. I returned both...
  11. J

That seller is going to have a real headache tomorrow with all those orders to ship. Luckily, my 2 were shipped out this morning, before the storm hit...
  12. J

I noticed that too. The drive I received is the Dell version and is already running the June, 2023 firmware...
  13. J

I forgot to mention that the drive I bought last week was $59. I thought it was a pretty good value at that price, but when the seller dropped them to $48, I figured I better pick up a couple more before they disappear. The first drive I received had 100% life remaining.
  14. J

Not Enterprise and not huge storage, but a good price on a Kioxia's best/newest M2 drive. I ordered one last week and seller was very quick to ship. Speed tested right on par with 990 Pro and WD black. I just ordered a couple more to have on hand. They are selling pretty fast...
  15. J

Low power reasonably priced supermicro mb

Could you make one of these work? I bought 2 from this seller. They both arrived fast and in like new condition. https://www.ebay.com/itm/265169958785 https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/motherboard/X10SDV-4C-TLN2F
  16. J

Supermicro X12SDV-4C-SPT4F

Well, it's been over 2 weeks and still no "ASAP" reply from SM. I went ahead and replaced that capacitor and the board is in service, doing just fine. I really expected more from SM. I guess I'm not a big enough customer for them to care about. Lesson learned. This will definitely be the last...
  17. J

New Intel Optane p4800x 375GB for $160

I think this is a pretty good deal, but the 960GB Optane 905P is newer, faster and cheaper per GB. Another plus is it's coming from a well known US seller. I don't know how much longer the sale is, or how many they have left. They are selling like crazy. https://www.ebay.com/itm/294399688963
  18. J

I tried through the Windows GUI tool and it said the version I was on was the most recent. Will the CLI version allow me to install a different firmware?
  19. J

I've looked long and hard. It seems the only way to upgrade the firmware is through Intel's tool. Even if I could locate the latest version file, I have no idea how to get it loaded on the drive.