Search results

1. F

Cooling options for a Supermicro X9DRL-EF

Out of curiosity, what fans/case/HSF are you using? It seems like your fans are going really, really fast!!!!
  2. F

I've added two more fans to my case, and went the positive pressure route. I've moved the Silverstone fan over to the side of the case with the PSU, and although I originally wanted to push air out on that side, I decided on pulling air in. The reason being there were a lot of open, unfiltered...
  3. F

After running the processor overnight and having the thermal compound settle, temperatures decreased to 46 and 48 degrees C @ 30% load. Not bad! Update: Just ran Prime95 on all cores for awhile - Temperature at full load goes all the way up to 78C and 72C!!! I think I'm going to need to get a...
  4. F

Alright! Got all the parts and managed to put everything together! TType85 was right; they are literally touching! Anyhow, I installed the fans so that they are blowing in parallel. I'm getting 50c and 60c on moderate load though... I might have to shove more fans in there!
  5. F

I think i'm going to mount my HSFs blowing parallel to each other as opposed to in series. Once I get numbers back, report back!
  6. F

I heard that the noctua 60mm fans were pretty good! Have you given them a try before? I've received my RAM, CPU and Mobo, so I'm just waiting on the two Noctua HSFs to come in before I power it up! ETA should be early next week. I'll run some stress tests and report back with my temp readings!
  7. F

Are you using the same heat sinks from before? 46/57 isn't *THAT* bad! Is that under load or idle?
  8. F

Alright - Parts ordered! I ended up going with exactly what you have; 2 x NH-D9DX i4 3U! Mounted the motherboard in the case today, and now just waiting for the rest of the components to get in! Thanks for the help!
  9. F

Yeah, i don't think I have a problem with the HSFs touching, as long it's not overlapping and possibly changing the pressure of either one or both of the HSFs relative to their contact to the CPU. I like the NH-D9DX i4 3U because the fan is mounted in between the fins, so it's not taking a...
  10. F

Oh wow!, that's pretty close, but they fit! What happens when you turned the HSFs the other way (90 degrees), was it the fans that wouldn't fit? I was going to do the same thing, but use only one fan per HSF, and have a push/pull setup going, where no fans are between the HSFs, sort of like...
  11. F

Hey STHers! I was wondering if anyone has any experience working with a X9DRL-EF motherboard. More specifically, I'm going to be mounting this into a SilverStone GD09 chassis along with 2 x E5-2670 processors. It's going to be running virtualization and transcoding tasks, but needs to be very...