Search results

1. J

Gaming in vmware Horizon

I think if you add your origin games to steam, it might work, but I'm not really sure.
  2. J

Gaming in vmware Horizon

Well, sounds like I'd still be able to choose the disk to boot from, so I could probably still use it as a hackintosh if connecting to the card directly. Not bad.
  3. J

Gaming in vmware Horizon

Yea, I don't do much gaming, currently the desktop that the workstation card would go in is a hackintosh so... Mostly just looking to get rid of the desktop, since it's going on 5 years old at this point, and planning on moving to horizon for most of my windows tasks (which there aren't many at...
  4. J

Gaming in vmware Horizon

You know, that's what I was thinking, but it's one of those newer 2016 MBPs with the USB-C ports, and there are no good docks that have true multi-monitor support like usually expected. I'm waiting on the TB3 version of this: Tethered Docks but it still only has 2 mini-DP connections. The other...
  5. J

Gaming in vmware Horizon

Yea, that's what I figured, without the workstation card, it's probably pretty pointless outside of testing. It also sounds like Teradici is beta testing 4k UHD support, with potential firmware updates for Tera2 cards. Would be interesting to see what happens with that. Also don't have a thin...
  6. J

Gaming in vmware Horizon

Hmmm ok, when I read it, I thought you said the audio issue was when it was in a VM, but I might be mistaken. I have heard that you can install the view agent on a physical desktop, and connect it to the view servers for use with Horizon. Do you have any experience with that? I bet it wouldn't...
  7. J

Gaming in vmware Horizon

Based on what I've read here, it sounds like if you are using a physical computer, with a PCoIP card, it should work fine? On top of that, it's my understanding that you can install some Horizon software on physical machines with the PCoIP cards in them, and then use horizon that way? I wonder...