Search results

1. P

Mellanox SX6036 Updating MLNX-OS and Gateway License Question

Hiya interesting so the brocade can also run on this switches?
  2. P

So basically from what i understood this switch is meant to be used in a datacenter with low power optics for shorter distances? preference with MM fiber multi-mode.. not meant for high carrier grade Single Mode high power gbics for higher distances 1mile , 10miles, 25miles ..
  3. P

Hi ok.. because we have here 40GB gbic mpo from other manufacturer and the cable that came with them was 8 fibre, for 40GB.. so i guess it needs to run on 12Fiber mpo.. i will check out in our regions see if we have some cards.. i have some 100G milijet gbics here which i have tested in 2...
  4. P

Nice.. that sounds better... MPO 8 fiber or 12 fibre ?
  5. P

yup but they are copper cables.. not fiber. MELLANOX MC2207128-003 V-A3 Passive Copper Cable
  6. P

understood.. will try to search online for those.... maybe ebay? by the way FRD14 is it just infiniband mode? or i can run it in ethernet mode? as the devices i am using are Mikrotik RouteroS x86_64 in ethernet mode directly connected to the switch.
  7. P

Yes indeed it takes around 10 seconds for lights to start blinking in Ethernet mode, só far only this ports worked with the 40GB dac on port 1,3 and with 40gb 10km gbicson ports 33,35 will test the other ports just in case, and will look into the cables compatible.
  8. P

mellanox sx6036 and cx3 cards

Hiya thanks first of all after reading some posts i found this cmd fae cable-stamping-unlock 40g_lr4 after running the cmd via ssh putty on the switch, the DAC cable 40G started working.. on port 1,3 not sure if it will work on all the ports.. will make some testing on the Gbics 40Gbp Single...
  9. P

Mellanox SX6036 Compatibility

Hi guys so in theory which 40Gbps GBICs we should use to plug a couple of devices in our rack with about 3 to 5mts distance mac.. i don´t plan to run copper dac cables.. i would preffer fiber solution.
  10. P

Hiya yes indee, i installed the license already, and no i can see the ethernet management i switched via ssh to profile ethernet.. and rebooted the switch.. but no lights come up on the ports i attached some pics on another post regarding the new issue.
  11. P

mellanox sx6036 and cx3 cards

Hi guys sorry for posting in such an old thread.. ok so i have a SX6036 it has the ethernet mode gateway license.. i have entered the ssh and changed th profile to ethernet.. i have a 40G 0.5m dac cable.. and i have couple of milijet ONTI GBICs QSFP28 40G and 100G that i have tested in other...
  12. P

US MELLANOX SX6036 - $200

Hmmm ok understood, will try to read the topics
  13. P

Hi hmmmm :confused: well i know this is an outdated switch and NVIDIA does not support it or sells licenses anymore..so i was just wondering if i could enable all 36 ports to work in L2/L3 with Ethernet mode.. and also VLANS, MPLS, OSPF if licenses do exist for it.. not even sure what kind of...
  14. P

Ok so on NVIDIA developers site i read out some information about The SX6036 requires Gateway license to run Ethernet. is this a physical device or just a key? cause i found someone selling it online fairly cheap.. aldo its charging me pretty much the same price on postal service.. so i am now...
  15. P

Hi guys looks like NVIDIA stopped licensing this SX6036 Devices right? i have managed to upgrade the latest version MLXN_OS 3.6.8012 available on NVIDIA site.. is there any info available on how to swap infiniband to Ethernet mode? as i have 2 servers with 40gbps MCX354 ECAT nics.. running...
  16. P

Hiya thanks indeed, because i had such and old MLNX_OS version i had to go literally step by step, version by version until i have reached the last 3.6.8012 now installed Now i have another issue cannot find the configs to change infiniband mode to Ethernet mode on the switch? do i need a...
  17. P

Mellanox sx6036 firmware upgrade

Ok so i have managed to upgrade to the latest version 3.6.8012 Now i am lost.. do i need to change any config in order to enable Ethernet mode? or will it work straight out of the box if i just plug both Servers with the Mellanox NICS in the switch? because both servers have the 40Gbps...
  18. P

i am now installing version 3.4.0012 to see if there was something missing on previous install attempts..
  19. P

hi yes i did try that save first, wait and then click reboot.. but no efect after reboot it starts of partition 2 image active with older version..
  20. P

Hiya, Thanks for the input, i will check the github and try to set a local windows file web server, because the switch has no internet is just plugged in MGMT0 port directly to my win machine for testing. Ok so new day, and a new challenge LFMAO.... so i did a couple of web gui upgrades...